Click for Weather
View Poll Results: 52" Wright ZK or Wright Intensity
52" Wright ZK 5 83.33%
52" Wright Intensity 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2014, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Wright ZK or the new Wright Intensity?

Hey guys, long time listener first time caller as they say .

I am looking for some opinions on which mower to choose...

I currently have a 36" Wright RH and haven't had any issues with it other than when I hit a 6" iron pipe that was hidden by grass and bent the deck but that wasn't the machines fault and once repaired it was back to business as usual. My property sizes have outgrown my machine and I have saved up enough to upgrade to a larger size.

I am looking at a 52" model and am having some trouble deciding.

Overall the ZK seems to be a beefier machine with a larger motor, larger hydro pumps, etc. The only thing it seems to be missing is the aerocore deck. Does the new deck make that much difference or would it be better to go with the Intensity to get the new deck?

The Intensity seems to be a little slower, and on Wright's website "Choose the right Wright" it shows the Intensity with the highest "grade" of "A" while the ZK shows "A+" and has overall better grades. Isn't the Intensity supposed to be the new greatness? Also on the Intensity info page it says: "Outstanding control and handling for trim mowing" Have any of you found that the ZK has sub-par control and handling for trim mowing?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You are going from the low end to the high end. You left out the Stander X which is right in the middle of these 2 machines.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks pugs. I am probably wrong in assuming that a new introduction to a product line would be better than their existing products. The "low end" makes sense. I had already ruled out the X prior to the release of the Intensity for this reason. My only hangup now is the Aero Core deck and how much of a difference it would make. I haven't really heard anything either way on it.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Center View Post
Thanks pugs. I am probably wrong in assuming that a new introduction to a product line would be better than their existing products. The "low end" makes sense. I had already ruled out the X prior to the release of the Intensity for this reason. My only hangup now is the Aero Core deck and how much of a difference it would make. I haven't really heard anything either way on it.
Why did you rule out the X? The X is basically the original fixed deck stander with a floating deck. The Intensity is replacing the RH machines as the entry level adjustable deck machines. Both the X and Intensity have the Aerocore I believe. I am not sure what they call the ZK deck as I have never sold one. I do know its deeper and requires a different bagger than all of the other Wright machines.

I am really not a fan of the RH machines. I think they ironed out most of the problems but I am hoping the new Intesity machines are just a better overall product. The X on the other hand has been pretty good since it came out. I have a few out there with very few issues...most are owner abuse. I still say unless you need to adjust the deck alot you are better off with a fixed deck Stander. Less moving parts is always good in my book.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Member

The ZK seems to me to be a sturdier machine, faster speed, etc. I was assuming the Intensity would be a better overall product as well but from what you are saying it doesn't look like it is going to replace the ZK as their strongest offering.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The ZK is the fastest machine I know of. 13.5 mph Thanks like 60% faster than the intensity which is 8.2 mph. The ZK is 300-400 pounds heavier.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ruling out the X is a mistake. ZK is a beast but doesn't cut as nice as an X with the Aerocore deck.

ZK, very fast not as nice as cut. X, slower but better cut over a wider range of conditions.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I thought the aero core deck was crap no ???
Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

the zk is hoss.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The new intensity will control differently.

ZK is more aimed at the higher speed, it's larger, higher out put motors will be torquier and more difficult to control.

the intensity will have more smooth finesse to it.

depending on the size of the majority of your properties, you might not see the added value to a ZK, and then you will just have a heavier, more bass guzzling machine that's a little more difficult to maneuver.

If one machine did it all… they would ONLY make a ZK, and maybe a use model….

they all have their subtle differences.

Tags
aero core , aerocore , wright