Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-22-2014, 06:32 PM
davidgg davidgg is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Brenham Texas
Posts: 1
Bad Boy 72" Diesel

Any one have a recommendation on the 72" Bad Boy? What is the cost on these units?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
I will tell you this, the engines can be very expensive to work on when needed to be serviced and of course you know diesel with all the taxes is more than gas plus the machines are probably a good 200 pounds or more heavier compared to a gas unit making a gas unit a good bit more agile.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2014, 02:27 PM
retrodog's Avatar
retrodog retrodog is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris, Tx
Posts: 2,144
New one is $14999 and is a 35hp Cat diesel 4 cylinder motor. 18 gallon diesel tank goes pretty far man, I will tell you this is my 7th season as a dealer. I happen to be the top volume dealer for BB in 2012 and the second largest in 2013. I have had one issue on the diesel motor. We had 2 that the governers went out, they were $36 from cat, and were warrantied. Only other issue is the shut off box, it is $189 and is a pretty common issue on diesel mowers, I see them a lot on kubotas a lot too.... Yes in fact its a $6800 motor so it is costly to work on as is any diesel motor. The Kubota is $5800, we just did a rebuild on a bota that overheated and we did it for $4000, the other dealers were around $6000...
__________________

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2014, 03:11 PM
retrodog's Avatar
retrodog retrodog is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris, Tx
Posts: 2,144
I will tell you though, the price difference is bringing a lot the buyers down into the 36hp Vanguard 72" xp this year. I just sold out here and just reordered already. Its $8999, add the grammer seat for around $400, puts you in that machine for $9400 and it will cut just as much grass. It burns nearly twice the fuel doing it, but at a $5600 difference its gonna be hard to choke down the difference this year..... I hate epa regulations....lol. Unless I needed bit write off, I would be buying the vanguard and a CZT for a back up for the same money honestly, but the diesel is bad to the bone though!!
I noticed your in Texas man, holler at me if you don't have a good dealer close, I can bring to your house, or you can come up for demoes.... you can get a 60" CZT (54 or 48 too) and the big gasser for spending same money, either way you will be heavily impressed!
Attached Images
   
__________________

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"

Last edited by retrodog; 02-23-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
I would think a diesel is the way to go if you mow all day long in 1 o 2 spots, as a stop and start mower in various conditions I think the 36 VG would be the way to go not even considering price difference.

9000 for a new 72 with a 36 is tough to beat, I wonder how much more they will be when EFI comes to them? I priced a new SZ 72 HD and it is 3 thousand more than that and I do not believe it is worth 3 grand more but what do I know?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2014, 09:21 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,826
Whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I would think a diesel is the way to go if you mow all day long in 1 o 2 spots, as a stop and start mower in various conditions I think the 36 VG would be the way to go not even considering price difference.

9000 for a new 72 with a 36 is tough to beat, I wonder how much more they will be when EFI comes to them? I priced a new SZ 72 HD and it is 3 thousand more than that and I do not believe it is worth 3 grand more but what do I know?
I made the deal for a friend and bought 2 new 60" SZ HD's with the 35 Kawasaki engines for a fleet price of $9650.00 each...Those Floridian's are taking advantage of you with those high prices.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I made the deal for a friend and bought 2 new 60" SZ HD's with the 35 Kawasaki engines for a fleet price of $9650.00 each...Those Floridian's are taking advantage of you with those high prices.
The world famous Puppy, I am honored! you probably get the tax break for being a farmer?

Are you looking at the new 19 MPH mower? Hustler still has no EFI so maybe you can turn traitor? I know you love Hustler and will stick with them, I like Hustler 2 because they have been good to me on customer service even though the old 15 MPH drive should have been setup for 13 and the XR7 was very turf limited.

For you a mower with the 35 Cat that mowed fast would be real good. I here the 35 is way beyond a 28 in power ?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-24-2014, 08:58 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
The world famous Puppy, I am honored! you probably get the tax break for being a farmer?

Are you looking at the new 19 MPH mower? Hustler still has no EFI so maybe you can turn traitor? I know you love Hustler and will stick with them, I like Hustler 2 because they have been good to me on customer service even though the old 15 MPH drive should have been setup for 13 and the XR7 was very turf limited.

For you a mower with the 35 Cat that mowed fast would be real good. I here the 35 is way beyond a 28 in power ?
No farmer tax deduction, this was a straight fleet price for two mowers being bought and paid for by a friend. Florida has been known to take advantage of people, and from the price you were quoted; I believe that pretty well substantiates my statement. I could have thrown the 72 you were quoted $12,000 in this deal for another $400, that would have put it in the neighborhood of $10,050, in other words I could have bought the mower you priced for $2000 less, now you tell me what's wrong with this picture?
__________________
Farm Mower

Last edited by puppypaws; 02-24-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Your a better negotiator than I, how do you think a Big Dog compares? both are 48 for 0.

I have to go see how much work a job is adding this year and I may just sell 1 mower and buy a new one rather than buy BB engine this season for my 72.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Your a better negotiator than I, how do you think a Big Dog compares? both are 48 for 0.

I have to go see how much work a job is adding this year and I may just sell 1 mower and buy a new one rather than buy BB engine this season for my 72.
You can make a ride to the top of SC for the deal I can get you. You want me to get you a price, or are you just wishin and hopin?
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Page generated in 0.09911 seconds with 10 queries