Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-22-2014, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service Autopilot v jobber

For those of you that have tried both software programs:

What did you feel jobber was lacking in?

I think SAP has a great idea and platform but it gets laggy and has a lot of bugs. Things seem to roll out pretty slow.

Jobber is very clean and easy to use but seems to be lacking some of the overall features that SAP has.

What have you guys found that jobber needed to have?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i like the features of SAP. However, i have had a hard time getting through to them from the get go.. either they are sick, or the internet is down, or they are sick, or their internet is down again. I would think a company with a web based software would have a decent internet connection. I didn't like the credit card processing with jobber, i would rather not use paypal. The issues with SAP have been minor considering the features that i feel that will help me. Package scheduling makes managing my lawn app customers a breeeze. I like the client portal as well. I don't think jobber has that. So far for what it is, SAP seems worth every penny to me. I wish i could get in touch with customer support for some dang training though. i learned alot on my own, but still have a few things to figure out. What sold me on sap was the way it handles credit card payments. I really have no useful input on the comparisons of the 2 because i didn't spend to much time checking out jobber as i should have.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Member

I have been testing software for the past few months. By the end I was deciding on Jobber or SAP.
In Oct i joined up with Jobber. Been running it for 3 months.
Great look to it. Very smooth. Does everything that it claims to well.
Service was great. But as worked with it I have been getting frustrated with with the reports and the figures $ in jobber. I love seeing figures and jobber really lacks in that area.
The Dashboard has week and month figures which are incorrect.
There was no way to see projected $ for each crew or for the whole team.
You can have csv file emailed to you and sometimes these come through with incorrect dates also. Then I worked the spread sheet to get what I needed out of it. I would rather be able to do this from the app and have in front of me after applying a few filter etc.
I was using stripe and that works really well. But at the end of the day I had clients moving from electronic payments (free) to using cards which cost me. I would rather use credit cards features when i can direct debit the client and have a benefit from the fees. Less chasing payments.
Invoice format is nice. Statements are great.
Dates and formatting are no problem for AUS.

Joined up with SAP a couple of weeks ago so I am now running them side by side. SAP Support has been just as good as jobber via email. I have not called from Australia so I am happy with 24hr response.
The export files from jobber where not great. Address separate from clients. Had to merge spreadsheet and match them up manually. No second phone numbers. No notes.
SAP seems to cover the things i felt were missing for my business. I feel like I am in more control of the fugures and the dispatch board is great. There is a lot more to learn but it also does much more.
The full website on ipad is clunky but the mobile site on my phone and ipad work well.
The Dashboard is great and accurate. Prefer the feel of this.
The main issue for me in Australia is fixing the date and phone number formats.
There is a problem with Authorize.net for AUS and SAP. Not usable at this time.
Other issues I have found are small and dont bother me too much.
The speed of the site overall seems ok.

Both great programs but you just need to see what works for you.

I love numbers

I hope I dont have to do another migration again in a hurry!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

After looking at both, I ended up with jobber. Jobber now works with Stripe and Braintree for payments in addition to paypal. I dont like using paypal as it doesn't seem professional to me. But since they offer normal credit card proccessing now, its a moot point. There are a few things with Jobber that I don't like, but they said they will be fixed soon (before the growing season).

The customer service is unmatched. They listen to the users, and make changes based on that, and quickly. They don't have a customer portal yet, but they did say the more people request something, the higher it goes on the priority list. I would love to have this for my customers, so I am hoping more and more people start asking for it. The Customer Portal, to me, is the biggest difference between SAP and Jobber.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried both programs but ended up going with Jobber, I have been with them for a little over a year now and love it, customer service is great, they are adding new features often and the program can be mastered in a few hours as opposed to SAP which took me about a month to understand all of the features. SAP has a lot of bells and whistles and that may be a good or bad depending on the size of your operation, Jobber is much cleaner and user friendly. IMO if you run a bigger operation SAP may work for you, if you run a smaller operation Jobber may be your best bet.

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Old 01-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Sponsor

Hey guys, thank you for the really great feedback in this thread and we are definitely watching and reading what you guys are saying.

Some of the features you guys are talking about are things we talk about all the time here at Jobber.

@Aussie-Gardener Building out more powerful reporting and projections. Also if your .csv export is having issues you can always email support or submit a ticket and we can have a developer see what is going on.

For e-payments we do have Stripe, Braintree and Paypal and we have talked about building our own payment system that integrates even better then the others.

@TuffTurfLawnCare The client portal is something we hear about a lot and your right, the more we hear people talk about something the more we take notice of it.

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 01-24-2014, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm trying out Jobber right now. Looks pretty good, but one thing I'd like is a way to pin specific job prices to each customer. As we know, every lawn is different, and there's many different prices involved. I'd really like a way to be able to preset a price for certain jobs for each customer. Then when I select that service for the invoice it automatically knows that on the "sue jone's" invoice the price for "lawn mowing" is $38.00. Then when I make an invoice for "bob smith" and select "lawn mowing" it automatically refers to their preset price of $30.00. Obviously the same feature could be applied to a number of services. It would save a lot of time in my opinion.

As it stands now, I'll basically have to have a paper cheat sheet in front of me, and hope I don't get off a line while filling out invoices.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose View Post
I'm trying out Jobber right now. Looks pretty good, but one thing I'd like is a way to pin specific job prices to each customer. As we know, every lawn is different, and there's many different prices involved. I'd really like a way to be able to preset a price for certain jobs for each customer. Then when I select that service for the invoice it automatically knows that on the "sue jone's" invoice the price for "lawn mowing" is $38.00. Then when I make an invoice for "bob smith" and select "lawn mowing" it automatically refers to their preset price of $30.00. Obviously the same feature could be applied to a number of services. It would save a lot of time in my opinion.

As it stands now, I'll basically have to have a paper cheat sheet in front of me, and hope I don't get off a line while filling out invoices.
You can add that info to the customer profile as a custom field or list it in the "internal notes". Then its only a click away and no confusing the lines. But yes, I do think your idea would be great and would love to see it.

I would love to see Braintree be better integrated. Stripe takes 7 days to transfer funds. Braintree takes 2. I want/need the quick payments, but want the integration of stripe....
Old 01-25-2014, 02:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I second what Jason Rose said above. Being able to set specific prices for each customer would be awesome.

I love Jobber so far, it's changed my business for the better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Sponsor

@Arvydas & @Jason Rose

Jobber actually has a great solution to this built right in. While you can set the default price for each service and product in the system, Jobber will also automatically remember the price of services and products on a customer-by-customer basis, which you can see in the Client Summary View. We take this even a step further though, so that when you put a line item on a job that you've already provided for that customer in the past, you'll see a small popup above the line item that shows you the last price you charged for that service, and the date as well. You can quickly click the price to automatically use it, and based on the date information, even adjust the price upwards slightly if it's a service you haven't provided in a couple of years.

Here's a blog post we wrote a little while ago about this nifty little feature: http://blog.getjobber.com/2012/06/ti...ricing-popups/

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook