Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-30-2014, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
It would be nice if the service didn't have to be online to work, I have a laptop and a wireless mobil printer in my truck, it would be nice to be able to do estimates from the program without having internet access that I could make and just print up for the customer.
That would require an insane amount of money for yard book to produce a product that didn't run out of the cloud. Have you considered buying a wireless card from att.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2014, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
It would be nice if the service didn't have to be online to work, I have a laptop and a wireless mobil printer in my truck, it would be nice to be able to do estimates from the program without having internet access that I could make and just print up for the customer.

I don't know how well this works, but someone suggested it in a discussion about mobile hotspot devices. He said it worked but he did get dropped sometimes.
It's free and if you want to access secure sites, you can pay $10 for the app that allows that.

EasyTether

It ties your laptop to your mobile phone to access the internet.

I haven't checked it out myself yet, but I plan to.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't it be as simple as just adding a generic PDF estimate form to be used only when you don't have Internet access at that time.

I'm not talking making the entire program run offline, just a simple estimate form for quick estimates.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2014, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good on my ipad and my iphone I may have to give it a try.

2005 F-350 powerstroke utility
1999 F-350 V10 4x4 pickup
1993 F-350 4x4 Dump
2 16' Trailers
2014 Gravely pro turn 460
2013 Gravely Pro turn 460
2009 Ferris is500
2005 Kubota L3130 4x4 tractor
A few 21s
Stihl & Echo handhelds
A lot miscellaneous items

Last edited by kmzlawncare; 03-30-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just print off some generic estimate forms and fill in the info with a pen for the people that want a estimate right then. I always try to send them one from yardbook via email and so far that's worked but I have the printed forms available if I needed them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I've just been printing off generic stuff too. But on the site it says that you will be able to Backup your data offline soon. So they are working on it, which I feel will be a GREAT feature so I don't have to print off my routes every week. An automatic sync feature would be nice so when you are in internet range it will automatically update your tasks/jobs. But for free I am definitely not complaining.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nope I just check the jobs calender each morning and go from there. It is a really great program for free.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2014, 01:22 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for your comment. The direction of Yardbook is to remain a cloud-based software. Short of getting a wi-fi device for your laptop, the only other workaround I can see for your scenario is the use of a mobile app, which we will likely be developing later this year. A laptop would not even be needed but rather a smart phone.

Being able to work offline would be a nice addition to Yardbook and developing a mobile app would allow you to do so. We could make some critical features available offline, and then once you are in range of internet access, there would be an option within the app to sync things. Iíll bring up your feedback in our mobile product discussions. I hope this addresses your concerns, feel free to email me with any questions/feedback.

Mark@yardbook.com
Old 03-31-2014, 01:23 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmzlawncare View Post
Looks good on my ipad and my iphone I may have to give it a try.
Glad you are happy with it! Thanks for signing up, and feel free to contact us with questions/feedback.

Mark@yardbook.com
Old 03-31-2014, 01:27 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four_Seasons View Post
I've just been printing off generic stuff too. But on the site it says that you will be able to Backup your data offline soon. So they are working on it, which I feel will be a GREAT feature so I don't have to print off my routes every week. An automatic sync feature would be nice so when you are in internet range it will automatically update your tasks/jobs. But for free I am definitely not complaining.
Yes, we are currently adding backup/export features throughout Yardbook. However, this is not a feature that is available offline, you need to do this within Yardbook when you are connected to the internet. You can save your own data files locally on your hard drive/desktop and access them offline. In the past month, we've added this to customers, expenses, payments and chemical tracking. We will continue to add export features throughout our application..

Just look for the "Download as CSV" link.

If you don't have an account with us yet, you can see a preview of the export feature on these pages.

https://www.yardbook.com/customers
https://www.yardbook.com/expenses
https://www.yardbook.com/payments
https://www.yardbook.com/chemical_applications

As for an automatic sync feature, as mentioned above, we are exploring the possibility of a mobile app which could be used offline. Details for how users would sync this data have not yet been ironed out. If you’d like additional information, my above response to GoldPro specifically addresses the mobile app topic. Or as always, feel free to email me directly with any feedback/questions. Thanks!

Mark@yardbook.com