Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-27-2014, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does yardbook have a who to mow today page I like to print these out too keep track of my jobs?

2005 F-350 powerstroke utility
1999 F-350 V10 4x4 pickup
1993 F-350 4x4 Dump
2 16' Trailers
2014 Gravely pro turn 460
2013 Gravely Pro turn 460
2009 Ferris is500
2005 Kubota L3130 4x4 tractor
A few 21s
Stihl & Echo handhelds
A lot miscellaneous items
Old 04-27-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmzlawncare View Post
Does yardbook have a who to mow today page I like to print these out too keep track of my jobs?
That's an awesome idea! I'm such a visual person so that would help me
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmzlawncare View Post

Hi Kmzlawncare,

When you first go to your Jobs View, it's defaulted to Today. There is a "Print" link on the upper right of the screen that will print all of your jobs for the day.

You can also print out a weekly jobs list by going to the Week View and click on the same "Print" link.

Hope this helps,
Mark@yardbook.com
Old 04-28-2014, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I'm so dump thank mark!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-28-2014, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Just signed up.......pretty handy so far.......ALOT better than how I was managing lol
Old 04-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorelandscaper View Post
Just signed up.......pretty handy so far.......ALOT better than how I was managing lol
Glad you like the software. Thanks for giving us a try!

Mark@yardbook.com
Old 04-29-2014, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbook View Post
Glad you like the software. Thanks for giving us a try!

Mark@yardbook.com

Thank you....Do you guys have a mobile app by chance?
Old 04-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorelandscaper View Post
Thank you....Do you guys have a mobile app by chance?
We currently don't have a dedicated mobile app. However, most our pages can be displayed in a mobile browser.

Here is more on mobile: “Our plan is to improve our mobile experience in stages. Initially, we want to enhance the mobile browser experience. Most of our pages can already be displayed in a mobile browser, but we want to make optimizations so that these pages look more mobile-friendly for smaller screens. Once that's done, we will start building an app. Probably later in the year.”

Mark@yardbook.com
Old 07-04-2014, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi Mark,

We're thinking about switching to Yardbook but have concerns about protecting our data, and the stability of your company, considering that Yardbook is free. I know you say that you make money through a sponsorship model, but is that really your only revenue stream? The only way to make money via online advertising is by having millions of views / clicks per day....seeing how there are only a couple hundred thousand landscape companies in the USA, how will you ever make money...even if you get a big portion of us to sign up? 100,000 online users is nothing. The companies you mentioned that use sponsorship models (facebook, yelp, etc.) have hundreds of millions of users. We're just worried that you're going to go under and we'll have to switch programs again, or that you're making money in other ways that you're not revealing to users, or that you're going to have to find new ways to make money in the future and yardbook won't be free forever? We don't mind paying for software, but free is also nice...but "free" usually isn't free. Can you help us get comfortable on this?

Last edited by jacksoninaction; 07-04-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Sponsor

Hi Jacksoninaction,

This has been asked before. Our business model is simple: sponsorship. We firmly believe that our business grows concurrently with the expansion of users, new features and sponsors. A good example of the sponsorship model is the very website on which we are posting, (Other good ones are google, yahoo, zillow, yelp, etc…). Based on this model, we don’t charge a subscription fee, and don’t have any plans to start charging in the future. We know this might be a big concern for you and many others; however, we will guarantee a free lifetime plan for those who signed up for a free plan. A $50 monthly software fee ($600 annually!!) can be a large burden on many landscaping businesses. We want to provide a quality product so that these businesses can grow. Shifting these costs to Sponsors is a win for everyone involved.

We are confident in our sponsorship model and are in no danger of going under. As we responded in an earlier thread, business viability is a valid concern for many web-based/cloud-based/saas companies. While we’re currently in the start-up mode, our product has demonstrated a lot of growth since our initial launch in Q4 2013. It has grown tremendously both in terms of audience reach and user engagement. We have also been contacted by a number of companies for premium sponsorship opportunities. During this period, we’ve invested heavily in R&D and launched a number of new features. Our current users are aware of these automatic feature updates, and are enjoying these product benefits. We also have many more features in the pipeline. (For example, credit card payment processing and jobs routing are currently in beta).

All of the above are signs of a successful software company. We have users who really enjoy our product, sponsors who are ready to invest, and a team with the passion to create the best landscaping software experience in the industry.

There are always other revenue options which could be pursued, however, not at the expense of User Privacy and Website Security. That said, we also understand that some of our users still may prefer to back-up their data on their own computers. This is the reason why we’ve been adding back-up/export features throughout the application. We have added back-up options to Customers, Payments, Expenses, Invoices and Chemical Applications. We are regularly extending back-up features. Our mission is to build the best product so that users want to come back and grow their businesses with us. Adding the back-up/export features is a way to show this very commitment to our users.

Yardbook Users represent a niche market. You mentioned that Facebook has hundreds of millions of users, however it focuses on a much broader market (much like Yelp, Yahoo etc.). People visit these websites for a variety of purposes. While the number of landscaping businesses is much fewer than Facebook or Yelp Users - Landscaping is still a $70 billion industry. Our premium sponsors value regularity and loyalty of the users more than there being 100 million of them, because they are focused solely on Landscaping.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

Thanks,
Mark

Watch the Introduction Video (1 min)
Try Yardbook as a Guest User (no signup required)

Contact us: support@yardbook.com