Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,695
Commercial license up date

Who has up dated they commercial license restrictions
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2014, 10:29 AM
TTS TTS is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 619
You mean certifying the tier of operation? I have
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS View Post
You mean certifying the tier of operation? I have
Posted via Mobile Device
What restrictions you have on your commercial license
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2014, 03:59 PM
TTS TTS is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 619
I still don't understand your question but I certified my tier of operation and don't have restrictions on my cdl
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS View Post
I still don't understand your question but I certified my tier of operation and don't have restrictions on my cdl
Posted via Mobile Device
The new law is if you going to cross state lines you need medical exam
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2014, 11:53 PM
unkownfl's Avatar
unkownfl unkownfl is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orlando/Windermere
Posts: 3,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrus2 View Post
The new law is if you going to cross state lines you need medical exam
I always thought that was the law? Oh well I'm good for another year and the company keeps me up to date. Here we have to show a copy to the DMV just to keep a CDL otherwise we have to turn it in for a Class E as far I know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2014, 05:36 AM
TTS TTS is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 619
Im not familiar with new York's individual laws on cdl but I know federal law has mandated a medical card for interstate travel for more than a decade. The new changes that I'm aware of are that you now have to certify what class you operate and whether you're intra or interstate. When you certify you are now required to upload a copy of your med card which you didn't have to do before but you always had to have one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
I always thought that was the law? Oh well I'm good for another year and the company keeps me up to date. Here we have to show a copy to the DMV just to keep a CDL otherwise we have to turn it in for a Class E as far I know.
Hey unkownfl what class license do you have (A). (B).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS View Post
Im not familiar with new York's individual laws on cdl but I know federal law has mandated a medical card for interstate travel for more than a decade. The new changes that I'm aware of are that you now have to certify what class you operate and whether you're intra or interstate. When you certify you are now required to upload a copy of your med card which you didn't have to do before but you always had to have one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey TTS New York had restrictions. (K) now up dated to (A3*K)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-11-2014, 10:25 AM
unkownfl's Avatar
unkownfl unkownfl is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orlando/Windermere
Posts: 3,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrus2 View Post
Hey unkownfl what class license do you have (A). (B).
I have an A with no restrictions and no endorsements now. I only drive intrastate but the companies I work for want to have interstate available because we do a lot of storm work as a company nation wide. I however, chose to stay closer to home as I already usually work out of town to begin with living in Orlando and working in South FL. I believe they just started a law here to have a medical card if you have a CDL period, but like I said I'm not sure on it as I've always had a med card to go with my license.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.07056 seconds with 7 queries