Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-12-2014, 09:44 AM
blythefieldacreslawncare's Avatar
blythefieldacreslawncare blythefieldacreslawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Rockford, MI
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
I've got a 60" john deere 757, ferris 36in hydro, and right now I've got a Honda Hrr but I think I'm Gonna sell it and buy a husqvarna AWD 21in.
Get an Exmark Turf Tracer 60'' they cut much nicer
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,690
Hey Jake that trailer with new boards new paint will be fine
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-12-2014, 09:53 AM
jakes mowing jakes mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: collinsville illinois
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by blythefieldacreslawncare View Post
Get an Exmark Turf Tracer 60'' they cut much nicer
Better than the deere? It probably would in perfect conditions, but its got the 7iron so it should work fine for me! I haven't even gotten to use it much, mowed about 3 acres of pasture and it worked great tho.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-12-2014, 09:54 AM
jakes mowing jakes mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: collinsville illinois
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrus2 View Post
Hey Jake that trailer with new boards new paint will be fine

Thanks man i think so too
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 AM
blythefieldacreslawncare's Avatar
blythefieldacreslawncare blythefieldacreslawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Rockford, MI
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
Better than the deere? It probably would in perfect conditions, but its got the 7iron so it should work fine for me! I haven't even gotten to use it much, mowed about 3 acres of pasture and it worked great tho.
I used to mow with a 60'' John deere, it could cut through anything but it doesnt have near as good of a finish cut as a Turf Tracer.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-12-2014, 10:05 AM
jakes mowing jakes mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: collinsville illinois
Posts: 271
We'll have to see I guess. Once i actually start using it on nice grass I'll be able to tell if i like it. But i think I'll be fine with it
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-12-2014, 10:48 AM
ducnut ducnut is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: central IL
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
I've got a 60" john deere 757, ferris 36in hydro, and right now I've got a Honda Hrr but I think I'm Gonna sell it and buy a husqvarna AWD 21in.
If you can swing it, keep the Honda as a backup or a fallback machine if you end up not liking the Husqvarna. I've learned to hang onto stuff, as I've never gotten out of the sale what the machine is worth and backup stuff is good to have. If you keep it, be sure to drain all the gas out of, so you don't have carb issues if/when you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blythefieldacreslawncare View Post
Get an Exmark Turf Tracer 60'' they cut much nicer
Everything depends on what grasses one is cutting, who is operating the machine, who's maintaining the machine, terrain, etc. He's got a great mower and a lot more machine than many.
__________________
1st Class Lawn Service

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 AM
jakes mowing jakes mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: collinsville illinois
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
If you can swing it, keep the Honda as a backup or a fallback machine if you end up not liking the Husqvarna. I've learned to hang onto stuff, as I've never gotten out of the sale what the machine is worth and backup stuff is good to have. If you keep it, be sure to drain all the gas out of, so you don't have carb issues if/when you need it.



Everything depends on what grasses one is cutting, who is operating the machine, who's maintaining the machine, terrain, etc. He's got a great mower and a lot more machine than many.
I've thought about keeping it, but there honestly isn't much i like about it. The cut isn't great, sucks on any kind of hill, just not a pleasure to use, I guess that it would be good to have a backup if the husqvarna is ever down tho. One of the yards i have to use a 21 on is Really hilly so i think that it should do the trick.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-12-2014, 11:24 AM
jakes mowing jakes mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: collinsville illinois
Posts: 271
Heres a pic of the JD
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-12-2014, 12:09 PM
ducnut ducnut is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: central IL
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
I've thought about keeping it, but there honestly isn't much i like about it. The cut isn't great, sucks on any kind of hill, just not a pleasure to use, I guess that it would be good to have a backup if the husqvarna is ever down tho. One of the yards i have to use a 21 on is Really hilly so i think that it should do the trick.
Hills have been the deal breaker for my 30". I'm not the least bit happy about it, either.
__________________
1st Class Lawn Service

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.08044 seconds with 8 queries