Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
Thanks big guy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tell em that Boots sent you.... maybe they'll find a PGP to throw in too
Old 03-18-2014, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
How so? List on a 5004 is $13.25, my NET is $6.62 which equals 50% of list. List on a PGP-ADJ is $19.00, my NET is $8.45 which equals which equals about 45.5% of list. There is no non-standard math here. It's all in what your distributor is selling you the product for. I buy a ton of RB so I get 50% off of list. I buy very little Hunter so I get a lot less off of list.
I recall different list prices.

But then again, I stopped looking real hard for list prices ever since the sch 40 PVC pricing lost their original list prices.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Call the RB 800 number and tell them that you want a sample to try out and that you can't find any anywhere. I bet they would send you one!
You would lose.

I called today and they treated me like a one eyed step child. Nice and polite but they kept saying they couldn't send me one, so they didn't. I told them that my suppliers couldn't get them and I found out that there's no rep in Jeff. He quit and hasn't been replaced yet.

Good thing I didn't mention Boots name, shoulda thrown Jim Lewis' name out there if I'd been thinking fast, I might of got a case of valves and an Alaskan cruise out of the deal. Oh well.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2014, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
You would lose.

I called today and they treated me like a one eyed step child. Nice and polite but they kept saying they couldn't send me one, so they didn't. I told them that my suppliers couldn't get them and I found out that there's no rep in Jeff. He quit and hasn't been replaced yet.

Good thing I didn't mention Boots name, shoulda thrown Jim Lewis' name out there if I'd been thinking fast, I might of got a case of valves and an Alaskan cruise out of the deal. Oh well.

Posted via Mobile Device
wow.... that's pretty chicken$hit on their part. Typical corporate $hit though. Release a new product, push it hard yet somehow have none available for the contractors to evaluate and or buy....
Old 03-18-2014, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
wow.... that's pretty chicken$hit on their part. Typical corporate $hit though. Release a new product, push it hard yet somehow have none available for the contractors to evaluate and or buy....
Shortly after posting I received a call from a rep in nor cal. Not Jeff but close. He's on a mission to poach me a couple from the parent. I was able to explain what I do and why it is important to me to experiment with new electrical products. We spoke a bit and he said he'd add me as a source for electrical troubleshooting in his area. Win win.

I kinda bummed about the cruise though

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2014, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A tip of the hat to the rainbird rep in northern ca. He just walked into one of my favorite supply houses and placed my samples on the counter. I'll pick them up this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2014, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So I picked the valves up this morning and started fooling around with them this afternoon. Here's what I have found so far.

I compared the 75 ohm against a 25 ohm source solenoid for S&G. I used my pro800D locator in both the wire trace (Texas style) and 2 step method (closed loop style) to compare end results.

At lower output levels on the Texas style locate the source solenoid and the HV were pretty close. Turn up the power a ways and the HV was hands down louder at a similar distance.

Connected in a closed loop or 2 step method and the signal reception was much more clear and the receiver picked the signature up at a much greater distance at the same settings.

I wonders about using the stationmaster and the pro48 with the higher resistance coils because of the 3 led analyzer and the chatter features. No problems that I encountered in either. Overall, in some quick tests to satisfy my curiosity the solenoid seems fine. Funny looking but fine.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2014, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 View Post
My understanding is the HV is a value-minded product. Damn, is a DV really that expensive to some people? Regardless of brand, the last place I'm looking to squeeze a nickel is in the valves...
I personally just filed it under RB marketing fails along with their "Lower list price than Hunter" marketing campaign. We bill for parts based off list price, so thanks for decreasing our margins.
yep , dv is bulletproof and my valve of choice. And as you say lower list price dosnt so me any good.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
yep , dv is bulletproof and my valve of choice. And as you say lower list price dosnt so me any good.
What he said....
Old 04-06-2014, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I ran a test of the HV using an analyzer / activator w/chatter feature

Posted via Mobile Device

Seemed to work well.