Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 06-04-2013, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Super Z 2013 Vs HD Super Z

I am trying to figure out some of the differences between these two machines.
Wheel Motor Specs:
http://www.parker.com/literature/Hyd..._TG_Series.pdf

The SuperZ 2013 has Parker TG0310 wheel motors which spin a 24" tire at a RPM of 303 and a torque of 924. This has Hydro-Gear PY 21cc Pumps.
http://www.hydro-gear.com/main/produ...-pump-with-aux

The Super Z 2013 HD has Parker TG0280 which spin a 26" at a RPM of 334 and a torque of 796. This has Sauer Danfoss DDC-20 Pumps.
http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/stellen...e/l1104976.pdf

Other than a different suspension seat I can't find any other physical differences between the machines.

Are the Sauer Danfoss pumps really that much better that hustler is willing to extend the warrenty an additional 1 year on parts just because of a different pump?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Sponsor

The Sauer-Danfoss slipper piston pump is far better than what we have been use to in our industry. It is working at under 20% capacity when the hydro Gear unit is closer to 70% or more of capacity in all the machines it's used in no matter the color. Plus the SD pumps push almost 5 gallons a min. of hydro oil through the cooler dropping the operating temps.
It really is that good... 5 year 3000 hour warranty on pump and wheel motor.

Brian O
Old 06-05-2013, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is it parts and labor for years 3-5 on the motors and pumps? The 3rd year on all other parts... do those need to be installed by a dealer or can those be installed by the machine owner?

Does hustler have any intentions of putting an EFI or DFI on a Super Z? I wish they would... I know they have a 29 Kohler on the X-One and I would think the FX1000V-DFI would be a big hit... lots of power and yet not as big of a gas hog.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Sponsor

Parts and labor on the 5 year 3000 drive warranty. We are moving towards the DFI 1000. The issue is the charging system by Kawasaki does not put out enough juice to run the clutch, the CPU and our oil cooler fan. Kawasaki is working on a 30 amp charging system on that engine for us. Hoping this fall.

Brian O
Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks! Any idea early or late fall? I want to purchase one.. hopefully it will be out soon enough.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Sponsor

I was hoping for this past Spring. I have promised to post any updates as I hear them. Our new line up comes out in August, that will say a lot about the timing of the DFI.
CED- I saw your post on the wiring diagram and sent you the link. You responded saying you found it, is that the thread you are speaking about?

Brian O
Old 06-08-2013, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes it is. Thanks for the info.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
I was hoping for this past Spring. I have promised to post any updates as I hear them. Our new line up comes out in August, that will say a lot about the timing of the DFI.
CED- I saw your post on the wiring diagram and sent you the link. You responded saying you found it, is that the thread you are speaking about?

Brian O
When you say new line up what does that mean/include? Didn't they just change it up a bit this spring? Are there new models coming, or just different configurations?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Sponsor

The upper class units are staying the same from what I'm told except for the DFI, residential models are getting a facelift.

Brian O
Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
The Sauer-Danfoss slipper piston pump is far better than what we have been use to in our industry..... working at under 20% capacity when the hydro Gear unit is closer to 70% ....... Plus the SD pumps push almost 5 gallons a min. of hydro oil through the cooler dropping the operating temps.

Brian O
After my first partial-cut for an hour on Friday , I was impressed with how cool the whole hydro system was . The Kubota BX
would be around 180f , whilst the Super Z HD was 120f ! Heat gives hydro
systems a load of grief .
Attached Images