Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2003, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

New Card for lawn business

OK I have been playing with my new program Photo Shop Deluxe.
This is the first one I have come up with that I like well enough to take a chance on you alls feed back. It has been hard for me to keep it simple. I know due to the research I have done on this site that a majority seem to feel simple is best. Colors at least a lot of color is frowned upon. But I really wood like to use the color if I can get away with it. I plan to print them myself so I can just print 50 or so at a time and I haven't figured out the cost but I'M not too worried about that as I am the design for now.
So OK here goes..............what do you think.

Last edited by leadarrows; 03-11-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here it is
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2003, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

It didn't paste very clear. Shouldn't it be "leave" your lawn to us?

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!
Old 03-11-2003, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bob
It didn't paste very clear. Shouldn't it be "leave" your lawn to us?

bob

I think using the word "leaf" was his intention.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

BTW, are you really incorporated? You might also want to add in someplace on the card your first and last name to make it look more professional.

It didn't paste well on LS, hope it looks better from your vantage point. I think you should continue experimenting.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great, but i would put "leaf" in quotes so that people dont just think you miss spelled leave
Old 03-11-2003, 06:27 PM
Banned

I'm not crazy about it. The mower, which looks like a line drawing doesn't look quite right with the photos of real leaves. I think it would look better if they were the same, either all line drawings, or better yet, all real photos.

And is the name carved in stone already? It doesn't really say "green industry". Scotts Dependable Services Inc. could be any service. Plus it's a little long.

But hey, I'm just nit-pickin' now. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i like it alot
Old 03-11-2003, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think it looks that way because I resized it after exporting it from Photo Shop Deluxe. I'll try again. The name, I have been using sense 1996 and I have been Incorporated sense December of 1998. My wife and I got our start being in business hauling off the drywall scraps from home construction mostly. In the last three years we have expanded into stone,sand dirt, and mulch delivery. I also have farmed my grandfathers place all my life. I have been mowing yards sense I can remember. I mowed 3 acres on my dads place in Hamilton Co. My grandfathers place was in Madison Co. he had seven acres I took care of and there were two neighbor on five acre lots that I ended up doing for four or five years I don't remember the years. HA thats been awhile. I bought a DC last year and have it in my head I would like to take on some lawn care work. I have worked one summer with a large lawn care outfit in the Indianapolis area so combined with my farm back ground I expect I will get by. This site has been a god send as far as necessary info goes. I have read for hours and found just about all the answers a new guy can think of. It's those surprises that I'M oh so not looking forward to. LOL
I don't ever intend to only be in the green industry but I want to handle any of my clients in the most professional of ways. This is how my wife and I have always conducted our business and we are very proud of our reputation. Our reputation for quality work has gotten us 90% of all our new client's I have to admit I would have undercharged if I hadn't found this site. Now I have a much better understanding of the professional standard you all try to maintain. Just so you all know I intend to do my part to maintain that standard. Mostly because it pays better LOL but I like doing a good job.........na its the money
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2003, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I forgot gogetter I have to agree with you about the mower looking funny I'LL look for a different one and try again thanks.

ronslawncare..Thanks I'M still not happy with it but so far it has been my best try. You wouldn't want to see some of my first tries:blush: LOL