Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-19-2014, 12:22 AM
Trees Too's Avatar
Trees Too Trees Too is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USDA Zone 6a
Posts: 820
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
You may need a spill contingency plan. Not sure. I'm sure someone will chime in soon
Posted via Mobile Device
Good to keep a blank "Spill Report" form on-board in case you have a spill. I believe that the "Reportable" quantity of a spill is a minimum of 5 gal.

A lot of the info discussed here varies from state to state. You need to contact you own state's Department of Agriculture to verify the correct information.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-20-2014, 01:29 AM
Trees Too's Avatar
Trees Too Trees Too is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USDA Zone 6a
Posts: 820
Exclamation Eye Wash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
First Aid Kit is a must. I forgot that one...
To that end, you also need to include an Eye-Wash bottle (maybe 2) as well.
Also a tube of waterless hand cleaner, (or "Go-Jo" wipes).

Last edited by Trees Too; 02-20-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-20-2014, 11:27 PM
aaronmg aaronmg is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Accident,MD
Posts: 330
All good answers and suggestions!! I just want to make sure if I would ever have a situation where I was inspected, I could pass with flying colors. I'm not so worried about the DOT there just worried about the weight of the vehicle and fire extinguishers etc.. I'm not so sure in Maryland, if they pull you over, they can't enforce any rules of the Dept of Ag because they aren't trained for pesticide regs. I'm talking about the DOT in this situation.
__________________
1950's Massey-Ferguson Tractor w/
attachments
2003 5x8 Open Trailer
2004 Husq. 323L String Trimmer
2004 Husq. 2448 Lawn Tractor
2009 Chevy Impala
2013 2500 HD GMC
2013 Gravely Pro-Stance 52
2013 7'-6"x16' Sure-Trac Open Trailer
2013 km90 Kombi Head w/
Edger
Pole Saw
String Trimmer
2013 Honda HRX 217
2013 Solo Back Pack Sprayer
2013 Stihl Back Pack Sprayer
2014 Ground Logics XC
2014 Gregson-Clark 200 Gal Space Saver
2014 Stihl BR-600
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-21-2014, 03:40 AM
aaronmg aaronmg is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Accident,MD
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
how about a fill sheet for whats in your tanks. I also carry MSDS sheets as well for each product i'm using.
As I stated earlier in this thread, I am required by the state of MD to have a label on my person or in truck of all all pesticides being in the tank or being thrown by the spreader. Nowhere in my studies or training does the state of Maryland require a written invoice for any customer. Remember, the state of Maryland is a bunch of tree huggers and the less paper the better. Tablets and cell phone records should be fine...
__________________
1950's Massey-Ferguson Tractor w/
attachments
2003 5x8 Open Trailer
2004 Husq. 323L String Trimmer
2004 Husq. 2448 Lawn Tractor
2009 Chevy Impala
2013 2500 HD GMC
2013 Gravely Pro-Stance 52
2013 7'-6"x16' Sure-Trac Open Trailer
2013 km90 Kombi Head w/
Edger
Pole Saw
String Trimmer
2013 Honda HRX 217
2013 Solo Back Pack Sprayer
2013 Stihl Back Pack Sprayer
2014 Ground Logics XC
2014 Gregson-Clark 200 Gal Space Saver
2014 Stihl BR-600
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-21-2014, 03:47 AM
aaronmg aaronmg is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Accident,MD
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trees Too View Post
Top 4 reasons for a State "Cease & Desist" Order:

1) Business not having a State Pesticide License.
2) Applicator not having proper Pesticide Certification/Registration.
3) Not having proper/complete PPE.
4) Not having a Spill Kit in vehicle.

For truck equipment and paperwork, check with DOT.
Trees Too,
You accuse me of not having the proper certification. I'm going to guess that your the typical "right of way" asphlund guy and in your spare time on the weekends you think your certified to spray trees and yards.. If I'm wrong please tell me but I shown mine now you show yours!!!

Aaron
__________________
1950's Massey-Ferguson Tractor w/
attachments
2003 5x8 Open Trailer
2004 Husq. 323L String Trimmer
2004 Husq. 2448 Lawn Tractor
2009 Chevy Impala
2013 2500 HD GMC
2013 Gravely Pro-Stance 52
2013 7'-6"x16' Sure-Trac Open Trailer
2013 km90 Kombi Head w/
Edger
Pole Saw
String Trimmer
2013 Honda HRX 217
2013 Solo Back Pack Sprayer
2013 Stihl Back Pack Sprayer
2014 Ground Logics XC
2014 Gregson-Clark 200 Gal Space Saver
2014 Stihl BR-600
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Trees Too's Avatar
Trees Too Trees Too is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USDA Zone 6a
Posts: 820
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trees Too View Post
Top 4 reasons for a State "Cease & Desist" Order:

1) Business not having a State Pesticide License.
2) Applicator not having proper Pesticide Certification/Registration.
3) Not having proper/complete PPE.
4) Not having a Spill Kit in vehicle.

For truck equipment and paperwork, check with DOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
Trees Too,
You accuse me of not having the proper certification. I'm going to guess that your the typical "right of way" asphlund guy and in your spare time on the weekends you think your certified to spray trees and yards.. If I'm wrong please tell me but I shown mine now you show yours!!!

Aaron
For the record, I NEVER accused you (nor even implied) that you do not have the proper certification. I simply listed the top 4 commercial pesticide applicator violations (per Internet), simply as a "Public Service Announcement" for all those that read this thread.

Due to all the concerns this day and age with privacy, security and identity theft, I won't go into details about my personal Certification credentials. But I will disclose that I am a COMMERCIAL PESTICIDE APPLICATOR [since 1992] Certified in the following Categories.

(3A) Turfgrass
(3B) Ornamental
(6) Right-of-way
(7A) General Pest Mgmt.
(7F) Mosquito
(7D) Vertebrate

I just took an passed my re-cert exams, so I'm good thru 2016!

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:02 PM
aaronmg aaronmg is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Accident,MD
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trees Too View Post
For the record, I NEVER accused you (nor even implied) that you do not have the proper certification. I simply listed the top 4 commercial pesticide applicator violations (per Internet), simply as a "Public Service Announcement" for all those that read this thread.

Due to all the concerns this day and age with privacy, security and identity theft, I won't go into details about my personal Certification credentials. But I will disclose that I am a COMMERCIAL PESTICIDE APPLICATOR [since 1992] Certified in the following Categories.

(3A) Turfgrass
(3B) Ornamental
(6) Right-of-way
(7A) General Pest Mgmt.
(7F) Mosquito
(7D) Vertebrate

I just took an passed my re-cert exams, so I'm good thru 2016!

What state do you retake an exam and be good thru 2016? Only pesticide license good for 2 years around here is a private commercial operation. Private meaning not for hire... Are you a farmer and your giving advice on here about proper licensing?
__________________
1950's Massey-Ferguson Tractor w/
attachments
2003 5x8 Open Trailer
2004 Husq. 323L String Trimmer
2004 Husq. 2448 Lawn Tractor
2009 Chevy Impala
2013 2500 HD GMC
2013 Gravely Pro-Stance 52
2013 7'-6"x16' Sure-Trac Open Trailer
2013 km90 Kombi Head w/
Edger
Pole Saw
String Trimmer
2013 Honda HRX 217
2013 Solo Back Pack Sprayer
2013 Stihl Back Pack Sprayer
2014 Ground Logics XC
2014 Gregson-Clark 200 Gal Space Saver
2014 Stihl BR-600
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:10 PM
aaronmg aaronmg is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Accident,MD
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLawn View Post
I mailed in for my license as well. Licenses expire in June, in the middle of the season! No idea why they aren't Jan 1- Jan 1.

Did you read somewhere about needing license lettering on the truck? I haven't seen that.
Yeah I talked to the head of md state chemist and not only do we need the numbers put on both front fenders but, and here is where I'm worried is that I have to get recertified for fertilizer by june 30 even though I took the test jan 6 at the Maryland Turf Conference. I haven't even got my fertilizer business license back yet from 2 months ago...

Aaron
__________________
1950's Massey-Ferguson Tractor w/
attachments
2003 5x8 Open Trailer
2004 Husq. 323L String Trimmer
2004 Husq. 2448 Lawn Tractor
2009 Chevy Impala
2013 2500 HD GMC
2013 Gravely Pro-Stance 52
2013 7'-6"x16' Sure-Trac Open Trailer
2013 km90 Kombi Head w/
Edger
Pole Saw
String Trimmer
2013 Honda HRX 217
2013 Solo Back Pack Sprayer
2013 Stihl Back Pack Sprayer
2014 Ground Logics XC
2014 Gregson-Clark 200 Gal Space Saver
2014 Stihl BR-600
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Trees Too's Avatar
Trees Too Trees Too is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USDA Zone 6a
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
What state do you retake an exam and be good thru 2016? Only pesticide license good for 2 years around here is a private commercial operation. Private meaning not for hire... Are you a farmer and your giving advice on here about proper licensing?
Michigan. All Certifications are good for 3 years. I work for a local lawn, tree, pest company.

www.michigan.gov/mdard
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-21-2014, 03:15 PM
JonLawn's Avatar
JonLawn JonLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
Yeah I talked to the head of md state chemist and not only do we need the numbers put on both front fenders but, and here is where I'm worried is that I have to get recertified for fertilizer by june 30 even though I took the test jan 6 at the Maryland Turf Conference. I haven't even got my fertilizer business license back yet from 2 months ago...

Aaron
That timing is absurd.
__________________
Maryland Licensed Fertilizer and Pesticide Applicator

www.JonsLawnsMD.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.07560 seconds with 7 queries