Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2014, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLawn View Post
That timing is absurd.
I usually don't lose my cool with ladies on the phone. Today took the cake... I called to try to find out about my fert license.. the lady I talked to pretty much bitched me out for calling her and every moronic call she gets the farther behind she gets. I told her then that I would be throwing fertilizer April 1 whether I had my business license or not. She said "I don't think your gonna have a problem with anybody from this dept who has a clue what there doing or even enforcing".
It's a flipping joke in maryland right now they extended the enforcement period now til 2015.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
I usually don't lose my cool with ladies on the phone. Today took the cake... I called to try to find out about my fert license.. the lady I talked to pretty much bitched me out for calling her and every moronic call she gets the farther behind she gets. I told her then that I would be throwing fertilizer April 1 whether I had my business license or not. She said "I don't think your gonna have a problem with anybody from this dept who has a clue what there doing or even enforcing".
It's a flipping joke in maryland right now they extended the enforcement period now til 2015.
Supposed to take my pest license next year. Sounds like a cluster f ck lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2014, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Supposed to take my pest license next year. Sounds like a cluster f ck lol
Posted via Mobile Device
The pesticide is no hassles. The fertilizer tests and the fert business licenses are a train wreck down in Annapolis
Old 03-02-2014, 05:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
That timing is absurd.
Just a quick update, Maryland will be taking a brief hiatus from enforcing ang fertilizer laws until June 30, 2015. Even though it is mandatory to give them a fertilizer report by March 1, 2015. That should help the process go much smoother once they figure that out. I wonder if you need a Phd in trying to figure this out?
Old 03-02-2014, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
Just a quick update, Maryland will be taking a brief hiatus from enforcing ang fertilizer laws until June 30, 2015. Even though it is mandatory to give them a fertilizer report by March 1, 2015. That should help the process go much smoother once they figure that out. I wonder if you need a Phd in trying to figure this out?
Just be careful. I got the same email I presume you did. They said that the licenses and certifications are valid until Jun 2015 rather than just June 2014. So they extended it by a year (for Free!). So they realized my complaint that it was ridiculous to certify everyone and then make them re-certify within 5 months. But I guarantee that they are enforcing. Whether they enforce you or me remains to be seen.

www.JonsLawnsMD.com
Old 03-05-2014, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Just be careful. I got the same email I presume you did. They said that the licenses and certifications are valid until Jun 2015 rather than just June 2014. So they extended it by a year (for Free!). So they realized my complaint that it was ridiculous to certify everyone and then make them re-certify within 5 months. But I guarantee that they are enforcing. Whether they enforce you or me remains to be seen.
Your absolutely right they are enforcing. I just got the email where you print off the business license number to you and thats the temporary way to stay out of trouble.. the way the lady told me was it was impossible to say when the real licenses will get mailed out. They only have 1 girl working on all these certifications and licenses. I was #60 and theres 710 more to go with new ones coming in all the time.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Not that you probably need it but an ERG book is not bad to have (Emergency Response Guide). Your local DMV has then and it lists every possible chemical they can come up with and has good into (including chemical number) as well as its hazards and how to handle it.

You should not need it but I like having it.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trees Too View Post
To that end, you also need to include an Eye-Wash bottle (maybe 2) as well.
Also a tube of waterless hand cleaner, (or "Go-Jo" wipes).
X2 plus safety goggles. I also have a couple bottles of sterile saline water with a tablespoon of baby shampoo in them. I've always been anal about being able to irrigate eyes after a chemical splash especially with the more acidic products like Scythe.
Posted via Mobile Device