Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-21-2014, 06:33 AM
TML's Avatar
TML TML is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southern, ME
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
dude why a 21", In maine of all places?

Turn down the 21" work? you got a walker baby!

Thumb nose at 21 work!
I live and work on the coast in populated tourist area. There are many lawns along the ocean front that are very small or on raised sea walls where you literally have to pick the mower up to get to them. Some of these you will literally spend 10min on the push mower. They are great full year round service with pruning, mulch, snow plowing/shoveling. I would rather get 10 of these properties than 10 1/2-1 acre lawns off the ocean front.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-21-2014, 06:33 AM
ashgrove landscaping's Avatar
ashgrove landscaping ashgrove landscaping is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: upstate, ny
Posts: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
What do you do about gates ?
Posted via Mobile Device
There are no gates where I live. Country land. Wild and open
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Deererunner's Avatar
Deererunner Deererunner is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrove landscaping View Post
2 61" ztr's Cut everything as fast as possible
If your solo, why are you running 2 different 61's? Is one set up for permanent bagging were as the other is set up for mulching?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 AM
ashgrove landscaping's Avatar
ashgrove landscaping ashgrove landscaping is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: upstate, ny
Posts: 2,677
No mulching around here either. Side discharge only. I have a helper sometimes and one is set up for bagging but only for spring and fall. Always good to have a back up
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-21-2014, 11:51 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 1,908
I'm just going to throw this out there but one of the reasons that I think Walkers are so good for Solo Ops is because of the versatility...

The ability to change deck sizes or pop on attachments is key...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-22-2014, 12:50 AM
TTS TTS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
I'm just going to throw this out there but one of the reasons that I think Walkers are so good for Solo Ops is because of the versatility...

The ability to change deck sizes or pop on attachments is key...
I agree about the importance of the versatility but everyone seems to forget about grasshopper in that category.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-22-2014, 02:10 AM
TPendagast's Avatar
TPendagast TPendagast is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 3,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post
I live and work on the coast in populated tourist area. There are many lawns along the ocean front that are very small or on raised sea walls where you literally have to pick the mower up to get to them. Some of these you will literally spend 10min on the push mower. They are great full year round service with pruning, mulch, snow plowing/shoveling. I would rather get 10 of these properties than 10 1/2-1 acre lawns off the ocean front.
Posted via Mobile Device
convince them to build artful ramps for your walker!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-22-2014, 02:12 AM
TPendagast's Avatar
TPendagast TPendagast is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 3,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS View Post
I agree about the importance of the versatility but everyone seems to forget about grasshopper in that category.

grasshopper is a two left footed giant in comparison to walkers twinkle toed ballerina
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-22-2014, 09:58 AM
TTS TTS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
grasshopper is a two left footed giant in comparison to walkers twinkle toed ballerina
I'll give you that but there's still a place for both. Walkers aren't known for their ability when a lawn is described as acreage. Use the right tool for the job.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-22-2014, 02:21 PM
TPendagast's Avatar
TPendagast TPendagast is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 3,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS View Post
I'll give you that but there's still a place for both. Walkers aren't known for their ability when a lawn is described as acreage. Use the right tool for the job.

I see your bet and raise you the walker super B (now called H model) and the 60 and 74 inch decks.
Ill also mention walker has a 52" GHS deck now.

Newer models no longer need a 'speed up' kit as they all go that fast now.

Grasshopper might be a bit more effective on larger properties that also require it all to be bagged.

But I'm not sure…I haven't run them head to head under this rare situation,
and to be fair I haven't run a grasshopper since the old g18 (with an 18hp Kohler)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.07419 seconds with 7 queries