Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Sponsor

What would you like to see on lawnsite.com to make the site better.

I pose this question mainly because I often find many threads created that have Nothing to do with this industry. I actually posted a thread about a movie review
about a month ago and now realize that was not necessary for this forum.
I would really like all threads that have nothing to do with this industry to be placed in a stand alone category. Name the category, Current social events.
That way if members really want to read and reply to these threads under that listing they can knock them selfs out in the process. Otherwise I now find
threads unrelated to this industry a waste of my time. Other opinions welcome.
easy-lift guy
Old 02-21-2014, 07:10 AM

Threads that have nothing to do with the Industry forums should be placed in the Off Topic section of Lawnsite

http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Old 02-21-2014, 07:20 AM
Sponsor

Charles, as a Mod. How can that be done so those members threads don't end up with topics specific and only related for this industry?
easy-lift guy
Old 02-21-2014, 08:01 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

well, the forums are labeled accordingly and we try as best we can to keep the threads in their appropriate forums for discussion...it would also help if members would browse the site for the correct forum to post in as well rather then placing it wherever they might think it will get more attention, views, posts in it, etc
Old 02-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Donovan View Post
well, the forums are labeled accordingly and we try as best we can to keep the threads in their appropriate forums for discussion...it would also help if members would browse the site for the correct forum to post in as well rather then placing it wherever they might think it will get more attention, views, posts in it, etc
Michael, is it possible to incorporate a filter of sorts so that all non related threads to this industry are forwarded to the appropriate forum?.
easy-lift guy
Old 02-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

as far as I know there is not a "filter" to do so but if there is we can look into doing so...also, it can be difficult to setup such a filter as there are some discussions that may appear to be "non-industry" related topics, but, in fact, are industry related and/or the topic can turn into a relevant industry discussion

again, the "easiest" and best way is when someone is starting a thread, to browse the site for the "best" and most appropriate forum for their topic of discussion. and, if there is no forum that it can/should be placed in then we have the off topic forum for those discussions
Old 02-21-2014, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Can we get the new posts button back? Its annoying having to press whats new then wait then new posts.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think the forum is great for allowing polite conversations of all types. I get frustrated sometimes when the politics outnumbers the lawn threads, but heh I like to talk sometimes and is why I am here.

You started the thread with one specific purpose: to end all non-lawn threads or to have a discussion about it. That's cool. If I had my way there would be a like button on posts. Seen it elsewhere and it is a nice way to communicate without restating something already said. It seems to get more people involved in a conversation too. No need for a dislike button, that is uncalled for and I would take a beating.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

One feature that would have helped me a few times: peer to peer messenging, and peer-to-peer photo sharing.

I know many feel uneasy about posting e-mail addresses or phone numbers, even in a PM. A peer-to-peer (real time) means LS becomes the common third party, without exposing private addresses. In the case of photos, the sharing can be done through a neutral third party path, such as DropBox. This is possible, but takes extra time.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

On occasion my posts have been removed. I would like there to be an explanation posted over so I know what I did wrong when that happens. Sometimes I know EXACTLY what I did and maybe even did something on purpose. Maybe if it said "post removed due to:xxxx" instead of "you do not have permission to blah blah"