Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Member

The tracker is 299.99 and 49.99 a year tracking fee.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB Gary View Post
The tracker is 299.99 and 49.99 a year tracking fee.
ok thanks. I imagine criminals these days look for these sorts of things though...and I've got insurance already...wonder if I could get a discount on insurance if I get GPS. Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Man that sucks. Nothing like having some crook at your home doing that. Makes it real personal in my opinion. I hope they get caught either way.No prison sentences are worthy enough. Nothing less then pure torture for thief's who steal a mans way of feeding his family.

Not to hi -jack your thread but Gps isnt always going to help.it is better then nothing forsure and unless its a professional thief.... its the best protection. My cousin uses his extra iphone thats hidden in his 2012 f350 dash board and wired to power switch with a hidden on and off switch. Its a cheap way for him to track via iphone tracking app. Yes he has a family plan

Anyways... my best friend had his Cat skidsteer and trailer stolen last winter from a large commercial lot. Security camera's just shown a image of a old ratty ford dump truck pulling away with it. Couldn't make out plates or even color of truck. The cat had a gps tracking on it and the state police were able to track it on the interstate heading to GA. Long haul from IL if you ask me. So it was a well worth drive to recover it Down in GA. Troopers said that they recover lot of construction and lawn care equipment making its way to FL for export and had recovered stuff from as far away as Ontario.

Fast forward to this past January..... same Cat, same trailer, same lot ..... crooks cut off trailer hitch to by pass lock. They cut off a section of the hitch that was bolted and welded on and had a new custom made lock on it. It was left on the ground with 3 dull Milwaukee bi metal cut sawzall blades and 2 burnt up drill bits. The Gps was still installed but relocated and upgraded. To date no signal can be detected. Gps company offered some reimbursement but didn't even cover the insurance deductible. Sad part is my buddy was upside down by 5 grand and there wasnt GAP insurance. He didn't put cash down so he was upside down still owing 5 grand on something someone else is using or selling.

Gps company says that there are hand held devices that will detect a signal. If they want it ...its gone. Locks gps dogs, garages .357 etc isn't going to stop someone who really wants it.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
doing what? Gps on a mower?

Well it's not easy one smaller machines… but on the turf tiger its like small car!

It's install is the same as putting it on a truck

US Fleet sells units for like 239 bucks… no contract and I think it's $20 or $25 a month? You can shut off the GPS service in the off season if you want…but what if someone stole it? I suppose you could just turn it on and find out where it was..huh?
you go to the website and set up your route …it looks a lot like findlotsize.com…you click on the borders of your properties and save.

Then, when your mower enters the property…it gives it a date/time stamp…and the same when it leaves that property. so you get all your in/out times as well.

Then, you can also replay like a video tape and see where it went all day…. if it;s hanging out on something you know isn't yours (big squares of your properties you can color code) then you know they are either at the taste E freeze taking a break or mowing someone else's yard.

That is awesome. I never knew you could do that with a mower itself.
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 03-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Buds View Post
While I was at the grocery store someone stole my entire trailer. 2013 Turf Tiger, blowers, trimmers, catchers, plugger and my brand new 16' tandem trailer 2013. I'm insured but very angry. Cut the lock. The only thing they left was my walk behind that was on my carport. It was on my driveway.

My deepest apologies. I had my rigs stolen twice from my driveway. First time they hotwired it while I slept and got around the factory alarm somehow. Sadly, without insurance I lost everything and spent every dime I had to get a rig back up to save it. I had a Viper alarm and a 2nd battery kit put on the second truck, which they stole the year after, cutting the batteries. Neighbor thought they were my crew they were gone in 60 seconds. I was signing insurance policy that weekend for my stuff...family bailed me out on that one. I now have a crazy system including our Locqus OBD readers for GPS. (viper alarm, two batteries, club, wheel lock, and block the truck in with my car)

Will never forget how it felt losing it all in an instant. I would'nt wish it on anyone.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aei View Post
Man that sucks. Nothing like having some crook at your home doing that. Makes it real personal in my opinion. I hope they get caught either way.No prison sentences are worthy enough. Nothing less then pure torture for thief's who steal a mans way of feeding his family.

Not to hi -jack your thread but Gps isnt always going to help.it is better then nothing forsure and unless its a professional thief.... its the best protection. My cousin uses his extra iphone thats hidden in his 2012 f350 dash board and wired to power switch with a hidden on and off switch. Its a cheap way for him to track via iphone tracking app. Yes he has a family plan

Anyways... my best friend had his Cat skidsteer and trailer stolen last winter from a large commercial lot. Security camera's just shown a image of a old ratty ford dump truck pulling away with it. Couldn't make out plates or even color of truck. The cat had a gps tracking on it and the state police were able to track it on the interstate heading to GA. Long haul from IL if you ask me. So it was a well worth drive to recover it Down in GA. Troopers said that they recover lot of construction and lawn care equipment making its way to FL for export and had recovered stuff from as far away as Ontario.

Fast forward to this past January..... same Cat, same trailer, same lot ..... crooks cut off trailer hitch to by pass lock. They cut off a section of the hitch that was bolted and welded on and had a new custom made lock on it. It was left on the ground with 3 dull Milwaukee bi metal cut sawzall blades and 2 burnt up drill bits. The Gps was still installed but relocated and upgraded. To date no signal can be detected. Gps company offered some reimbursement but didn't even cover the insurance deductible. Sad part is my buddy was upside down by 5 grand and there wasnt GAP insurance. He didn't put cash down so he was upside down still owing 5 grand on something someone else is using or selling.

Gps company says that there are hand held devices that will detect a signal. If they want it ...its gone. Locks gps dogs, garages .357 etc isn't going to stop someone who really wants it.
True, if they want it bad enough they will get it. I dream of the day I catch someone in the middle of it, oh I dream!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn, that sucks Locqus...

Freakin twice?!?!?!

I am glad to hear that it didn't bury you and you are still going strong....

I'm afraid that a lot of people in your position would have given up....
Old 03-05-2014, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Damn, that sucks Locqus...

Freakin twice?!?!?!

I am glad to hear that it didn't bury you and you are still going strong....

I'm afraid that a lot of people in your position would have given up....
Indeed. Not sure how I would have survived if everything was gone without insurance. Would have been very tough to say the least. Even with insurance I'm sure it's a huge process to get all your set up back.

It's pathetic someone can work so hard for years to build something up and someone else takes it away in a few seconds. Then they go sell it for drug money and shoot up all your hard work. Just awful.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Sponsor

^^ Thanks. It was one of the toughest things I have had to go through, I was very very lost after it happened the 2nd time. It involved a very supportive family and some(a lot) begging to keep it going. Very pathetic indeed, but know we all deal with it and can empathize with each other, it helps, more than you would think. Makes you realize how quickly things can change.

Ah, but the dark times lead to the light. Currently paid off the family and keeping things small and profitable. We persevere in this industry better than most.

Crazily enough if I had not been financially ruined twice with theft I would not have had the motivation to start Locqus.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locqus View Post
^^ Thanks. It was one of the toughest things I have had to go through, I was very very lost after it happened the 2nd time. It involved a very supportive family and some(a lot) begging to keep it going. Very pathetic indeed, but know we all deal with it and can empathize with each other, it helps, more than you would think. Makes you realize how quickly things can change.

Ah, but the dark times lead to the light. Currently paid off the family and keeping things small and profitable. We persevere in this industry better than most.

Crazily enough if I had not been financially ruined twice with theft I would not have had the motivation to start Locqus.
That's cool that you turned a negative into a positive! What is Locqus anyway?