Register free!

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

Mid-Atlantic Nursery Trade Show Transforms Baltimore Convention Center

Mid-Atlantic Nursery Trade Show Transforms Baltimore Convention Center into Garden Oasis for 45th Annual Event Premier Green Industry Trade Show Brings Over Eleven Thousand Green Industry Enthusiasts to Baltimore for Three Day Convention

Baltimore, Md. – The Mid-Atlantic Nursery Trade Show (MANTS?), the premier green industry marketplace for businesses, transformed the Baltimore Convention Center into a garden oasis again this year for their 45th annual trade show which took place from January 14-16.

11,030 paid registrants (including exhibitors) traveled to Baltimore for the green industry gathering to do business, network and learn about the hottest horticultural trends for 2015. The show’s total attendance is a 7% increase over the 2014 show.

Green Industry companies and professionals from 44 states and 13 additional countries exhibited at, or attended, MANTS in 2015. 964 exhibiting companies filled over 1,534 booths which were spread out over the 300,000+ square feet of contiguous exhibit space at the Baltimore Convention Center. 3,655 non-exhibiting/buying companies were also represented, a 13% increase over 2014’s show.

“All of us here at the Mid-Atlantic Nursery Trade Show are thrilled to have completed our 45th successful year of providing a marketplace for the horticultural industry,” said Vanessa Finney, Executive Vice President of MANTS. “MANTS 2015 had a substantial increase in attendance which is exciting for us, but more importantly, very good for the industry overall. While we realize that last year’s weather kept many people from traveling to the show, we can’t help but be grateful that the industry recognizes the importance of MANTS as a place where business gets done. And we hope this is a trend that continues in the years to come.”

“We are humbled by the show’s reputation and couldn’t do what we do without the help and support of the Baltimore Convention Center, Visit Baltimore, and all of our wonderful hotels and restaurants that work with us throughout the year to provide amenities for our guests,” Finney added.

Among the thousands of buyers, shoppers, and horticultural industry leaders and businesses converging on the show floor this year was first time MANTS attendee Sarah Blevins of S.J. Blevins Berries in Hopewell Township, PA. Blevins is a horticultural entrepreneur and in the process of setting up a greenhouse for her new berry farm.

“If I came back every day of the show, I don’t think I could see everything, it’s huge!” said Blevins after her first trip out on the show floor. “I’m getting all kinds of new ideas. My sense is that [the exhibitors] really love what they’re doing, that they’re not just here to make a living. I think that what I’m finding with my business is that it’s a part of your life and you just love it, everything else is an extension of that, and that is the sense I’m getting here, they’re all farmers at heart.”

See more about Blevins’s first time on the show floor and her thoughts on MANTS here: http://youtu.be/bOtOUcgQ8IY.

MANTS continues to have a large economic impact on the city of Baltimore, bringing in thousands of out-of-town guests who enhance business for the hospitality industry in an otherwise slow time of the year. Many companies and groups host happy hours and meetings at nearby restaurants and hotels surrounding the Convention Center are filled with guests of the show.

To see specific information regarding the economic impact MANTS had on the city of Baltimore after their 2014 show, please view our infographic here: http://www.mants.com/documents/MANTS...aphic_Flat.pdf.

In 2016, MANTS will take place from January 6 – 8 at the Baltimore Convention Center. Check www.mants.com or Twitter.com/MANTSBaltimore for updates and news on the show over the next year.

Mid-Atlantic Nursery Trade Show (MANTS):
The Mid-Atlantic Nursery Trade Show, MANTS, is known as the Masterpiece of Trade ShowsTM and is sponsored by the State Nursery and Landscape Associations of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. MANTS is the place horticulture industry leaders gather every January because MANTS means business. The show covers over 300,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space at the Baltimore Convention Center and draws exhibiting companies and attendees from throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Asia. MANTS 2015 is scheduled for January 14-16 at the Baltimore Convention Center. For the latest information visit our website or call us at (410) 296-6959.

www.mants.com
Twitter.com/MANTSBaltimore