Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Cadzilla Cadzilla is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsturf View Post
I see! Not spending 200.00 + for them. I'll buy retractable ratchet straps 1st
You have a ten thousand dollar machine you can't spend 200 on to secure? Plus I can tell you from experience. These straps would cost you 1 hour per day if you did thirty lawns a day.

Pro Lockers are so awesome I looked into purchasing the company in distress.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-04-2014, 11:35 PM
robertsturf's Avatar
robertsturf robertsturf is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Independence,Mo
Posts: 1,391
point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
You have a ten thousand dollar machine you can't spend 200 on to secure? Plus I can tell you from experience. These straps would cost you 1 hour per day if you did thirty lawns a day.

Pro Lockers are so awesome I looked into purchasing the company in distress.
Great point, just got to watch spending. Paid 8k for my Intermediate.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:34 AM
Cadzilla Cadzilla is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsturf View Post
Great point, just got to watch spending. Paid 8k for my Intermediate.
I get it. Just get the unit, the medium or whatever it is and make the adjustment in the front support as beens described and you'll love it and it will last for a long time.

Then you can come on here and tell newbs how they should get one too and I can friggin chill.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 AM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 3,433
For those with power/pro lockers could you post a pic of your machine loaded?

I got one in the other day although not sure the model(got the one that fits 16-20" wheels). Ordered it from another site after someone showed the power locker. It's actually a power locker on the box and paper work. I noticed that the power locker site mentions lt rich in their model descriptions.

I did a test fit without anchoring the locker. I'm worried that the front wheel "forks" will hit and rub the power locker sides. It appears mine is t wide enough to go on the outside of both forks. Did you just pull your locker apart more? Did I get one too small?

I'm wondering it I need to order another one or make the current one work.
__________________
GrassMasters, LLC
Wilson, NC
www.grassmasterswilson.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:14 AM
robertsturf's Avatar
robertsturf robertsturf is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Independence,Mo
Posts: 1,391
That's the problem with mine too narrow. Thinking about having one of them widened from the welder that built my dovetail. They were cheap enough to do so from SLE.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Cadzilla Cadzilla is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 668
You guys are missing something or not looking at this right. They had three sizes . A small one that was useless, a medium for caster wheels and a large one for atv type tires.

Get the medium, bend the front support arm forward and mount the damned thing.

Good grief.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:37 PM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
You guys are missing something or not looking at this right. They had three sizes . A small one that was useless, a medium for caster wheels and a large one for atv type tires.

Get the medium, bend the front support arm forward and mount the damned thing.

Good grief.
I got the 350 size I think.

When I drive the front wheel in it ends up that one side of the locker is outside the forks and the other is between the fork and wheel.

All I'm asking is the rubbing against the forks going to be a problem? If you load/unload 20 times a day over time something will give.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Cadzilla Cadzilla is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
I got the 350 size I think.

When I drive the front wheel in it ends up that one side of the locker is outside the forks and the other is between the fork and wheel.

All I'm asking is the rubbing against the forks going to be a problem? If you load/unload 20 times a day over time something will give.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know.....why don't you post a pic? You keep asking for everyone elses.

I still think you guys are doing something wrong or seeing a problem that doesn't exist.

They sell a ton of these things.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-31-2014, 06:49 PM
master gardener master gardener is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mich
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
For those with power/pro lockers could you post a pic of your machine loaded?

I got one in the other day although not sure the model(got the one that fits 16-20" wheels). Ordered it from another site after someone showed the power locker. It's actually a power locker on the box and paper work. I noticed that the power locker site mentions lt rich in their model descriptions.

I did a test fit without anchoring the locker. I'm worried that the front wheel "forks" will hit and rub the power locker sides. It appears mine is t wide enough to go on the outside of both forks. Did you just pull your locker apart more? Did I get one too small?

I'm wondering it I need to order another one or make the current one work.
Not sure if anyone sent you any pictures of the power lock. Sad to say I just got the machine out today. Might start next week. Hope this helps. It worked great for me last year. Great time.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Falcon50EX's Avatar
Falcon50EX Falcon50EX is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by master gardener View Post
Not sure if anyone sent you any pictures of the power lock. Sad to say I just got the machine out today. Might start next week. Hope this helps. It worked great for me last year. Great time.
That's not all of the Power Locker. What about the tire support on the front of the unit?
I modded mine with a cutting wheel and welder will post if i have time today.
__________________

Training them early
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.12139 seconds with 8 queries