Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-27-2014, 10:12 PM
djagusch djagusch is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 3,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
I think at some point DA you just need to get off the pot and buy a ride-on. You have been going back and forth for two years. Is it going to be the GL, is it going to be a Z-Spray, is it going to be a Turfco.

I can put my Z-Spray 36 any place you can put a GL or a Turfco, and unlike the GL I don't have to shift. So if you want the best damn ride-on buy a Z-Spray.
Blunt and to the point. Thank you, totally agree!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 PM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,172


We absolutely love ours and I'll have to agree on the Jr 36(The one I personally operate) It'll go pretty much anywhere I need it to...and still rides like a Cadillac
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-27-2014, 10:48 PM
sprayboy sprayboy is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
I think at some point DA you just need to get off the pot and buy a ride-on. You have been going back and forth for two years. Is it going to be the GL, is it going to be a Z-Spray, is it going to be a Turfco.

I can put my Z-Spray 36 any place you can put a GL or a Turfco, and unlike the GL I don't have to shift. So if you want the best damn ride-on buy a Z-Spray.
It must be more fun to ask the same questions all the time and get the same answers time and time again.

I think that fits the definition of insanity.
__________________
A professional posting his nightly dreams on a professional forum is unprofessional.......and foolish.

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-27-2014, 10:51 PM
sprayboy sprayboy is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post


We absolutely love ours and I'll have to agree on the Jr 36(The one I personally operate) It'll go pretty much anywhere I need it to...and still rides like a Cadillac
Ted,
How is the reconditioned machine working with the new engine or have you been working much yet?
__________________
A professional posting his nightly dreams on a professional forum is unprofessional.......and foolish.

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-27-2014, 11:01 PM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,172
....Love that hose reel too. 100' of 1/4 inch hose allows you to get to those small/hard to reach areas... No other production models have it.

Maybe you should just put a new motor on that old Magnum...That would be much cheaper. You could get another couple of years out of it and who knows, maybe prices will go down for new ride-ons by that time...
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 PM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayboy View Post
Ted,
How is the reconditioned machine working with the new engine or have you been working much yet?
We are in full production mode. 2 weeks solid now. We have become one with our Z's again. It's good to be out of the shop. We are loving it. My help is loving the new Trailtech speedometer we put on the 09. Much easier to keep things dialed in with it vs. the old Garmin unit. That Kawasaki has much more power than the Vanguard. The cooling system filter is working like a charm. Right now we are just using them to spray with but once we begin using dry fert, I'll be keeping a closer eye on that filter. So far, so good.
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-27-2014, 11:28 PM
Service 1st Lawn Care Service 1st Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 613
Lucky you Ted at this point I wish I lived anywhere but Illinois, suppose to get another 8 inches over the weekend. This will be the snowiest winter on record after this weekend so damn tired of this. Looks like another April start
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-28-2014, 12:22 AM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Lucky you Ted at this point I wish I lived anywhere but Illinois, suppose to get another 8 inches over the weekend. This will be the snowiest winter on record after this weekend so damn tired of this. Looks like another April start
I was a full 2 weeks later getting out the door this year than typical. Normally our Bermuda would be starting to green some by March 15. Not going to happen this year for sure... 52 was the high today. It was 19 @ 7:30 AM today. Our average low for this date is 38. We'd have to hit 80 consistently for the next 2 weeks before we'd have the right soil temps.

It's been a much colder than typical winter for us as well. I'm seeing lots of winter kill on the little bit of St.Aug and Centipede we take care of.

The groundhog had it right this year I suppose.
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-28-2014, 08:55 AM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 2,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
We are in full production mode. 2 weeks solid now. We have become one with our Z's again. It's good to be out of the shop. We are loving it. My help is loving the new Trailtech speedometer we put on the 09. Much easier to keep things dialed in with it vs. the old Garmin unit. That Kawasaki has much more power than the Vanguard. The cooling system filter is working like a charm. Right now we are just using them to spray with but once we begin using dry fert, I'll be keeping a closer eye on that filter. So far, so good.
Did you ever have a chance to post a pic of the filter/Kawasaki rig or did I miss it? Since the weather broke it feels good to be working again.

I'm going to put a note in Feb bill about winter kill so they won't be suprised. One thing I do is let the grass grow as high as possible at the end of the season to give a layer of protection as the top dies off.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-28-2014, 09:33 AM
RodneyK RodneyK is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 654
How hard was the Trailtech to install, set up, etc. How much do those run?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.09622 seconds with 7 queries