Register free!

Old 02-27-2014, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
I think at some point DA you just need to get off the pot and buy a ride-on. You have been going back and forth for two years. Is it going to be the GL, is it going to be a Z-Spray, is it going to be a Turfco.

I can put my Z-Spray 36 any place you can put a GL or a Turfco, and unlike the GL I don't have to shift. So if you want the best damn ride-on buy a Z-Spray.
Blunt and to the point. Thank you, totally agree!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

We absolutely love ours and I'll have to agree on the Jr 36(The one I personally operate) It'll go pretty much anywhere I need it to...and still rides like a Cadillac

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 02-27-2014, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I think at some point DA you just need to get off the pot and buy a ride-on. You have been going back and forth for two years. Is it going to be the GL, is it going to be a Z-Spray, is it going to be a Turfco.

I can put my Z-Spray 36 any place you can put a GL or a Turfco, and unlike the GL I don't have to shift. So if you want the best damn ride-on buy a Z-Spray.
It must be more fun to ask the same questions all the time and get the same answers time and time again.

I think that fits the definition of insanity.

Terry
Old 02-27-2014, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post

We absolutely love ours and I'll have to agree on the Jr 36(The one I personally operate) It'll go pretty much anywhere I need it to...and still rides like a Cadillac
Ted,
How is the reconditioned machine working with the new engine or have you been working much yet?

Terry
Old 02-27-2014, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

....Love that hose reel too. 100' of 1/4 inch hose allows you to get to those small/hard to reach areas... No other production models have it.

Maybe you should just put a new motor on that old Magnum...That would be much cheaper. You could get another couple of years out of it and who knows, maybe prices will go down for new ride-ons by that time...

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayboy View Post
Ted,
How is the reconditioned machine working with the new engine or have you been working much yet?
We are in full production mode. 2 weeks solid now. We have become one with our Z's again. It's good to be out of the shop. We are loving it. My help is loving the new Trailtech speedometer we put on the 09. Much easier to keep things dialed in with it vs. the old Garmin unit. That Kawasaki has much more power than the Vanguard. The cooling system filter is working like a charm. Right now we are just using them to spray with but once we begin using dry fert, I'll be keeping a closer eye on that filter. So far, so good.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lucky you Ted at this point I wish I lived anywhere but Illinois, suppose to get another 8 inches over the weekend. This will be the snowiest winter on record after this weekend so damn tired of this. Looks like another April start
Old 02-28-2014, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Lucky you Ted at this point I wish I lived anywhere but Illinois, suppose to get another 8 inches over the weekend. This will be the snowiest winter on record after this weekend so damn tired of this. Looks like another April start
I was a full 2 weeks later getting out the door this year than typical. Normally our Bermuda would be starting to green some by March 15. Not going to happen this year for sure... 52 was the high today. It was 19 @ 7:30 AM today. Our average low for this date is 38. We'd have to hit 80 consistently for the next 2 weeks before we'd have the right soil temps.

It's been a much colder than typical winter for us as well. I'm seeing lots of winter kill on the little bit of St.Aug and Centipede we take care of.

The groundhog had it right this year I suppose.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
We are in full production mode. 2 weeks solid now. We have become one with our Z's again. It's good to be out of the shop. We are loving it. My help is loving the new Trailtech speedometer we put on the 09. Much easier to keep things dialed in with it vs. the old Garmin unit. That Kawasaki has much more power than the Vanguard. The cooling system filter is working like a charm. Right now we are just using them to spray with but once we begin using dry fert, I'll be keeping a closer eye on that filter. So far, so good.
Did you ever have a chance to post a pic of the filter/Kawasaki rig or did I miss it? Since the weather broke it feels good to be working again.

I'm going to put a note in Feb bill about winter kill so they won't be suprised. One thing I do is let the grass grow as high as possible at the end of the season to give a layer of protection as the top dies off.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How hard was the Trailtech to install, set up, etc. How much do those run?