Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2014, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyK View Post
How hard was the Trailtech to install, set up, etc. How much do those run?
About $100. If you buy it from LT Rich that includes mounting plate for the wheel sensor and mounting plate for the unit at the dash. Easy install.

ArTurf, most of my customers mow their own lawns and usually they have Bermuda mixed with the St Aug/Centipede. Its hard to get them to mow it at 3 inches like it needs to be when the Bermuda is cut lower. Many times this leaves many of those stolons exposed. We had a week straight that it got down to between 9 and 12 degrees with highs at 20-25. Not good on turf more used to southern climates...I'm writing customers notes to that effect. Right now its "wait and see" what's left.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't sold my mag yet that's why I am still looking. Just asking about mfg spring sales. If you have an issue with that don't read my threads.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 02-28-2014, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
About $100. If you buy it from LT Rich that includes mounting plate for the wheel sensor and mounting plate for the unit at the dash. Easy install.

ArTurf, most of my customers mow their own lawns and usually they have Bermuda mixed with the St Aug/Centipede. Its hard to get them to mow it at 3 inches like it needs to be when the Bermuda is cut lower. Many times this leaves many of those stolons exposed. We had a week straight that it got down to between 9 and 12 degrees with highs at 20-25. Not good on turf more used to southern climates...I'm writing customers notes to that effect. Right now its "wait and see" what's left.
Yes a cold winter this year. On the mowing, that is why I like to maintain all aspects of the lawn. Next year Suggest to them beginning in Sept to only barely clip the top and raise the height each time, I know most won't get it right but at least you can say "I told you so". I've got about one more day of spraying and I'll be done with round 1 and then start on irrigation installs/renovations.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just called and spoke to Andy. Ordering my second Z for my new guy. Going with an Intermediate. You cannot beat the sales/service you get from LT Rich.

I wish all businesses were ran the same way.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Sweet! Sounds like business is good. I take it he's been learning some on your Max?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Sweet! Sounds like business is good. I take it he's been learning some on your Max?
Nope. He's been dragging hose. Now he will appreciate the machine and take care of it.

That's my theory, anyway.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrashears View Post
Nope. He's been dragging hose. Now he will appreciate the machine and take care of it.

That's my theory, anyway.

You betcha! My help says thanks at least once a week(I'm not kidding)

I had 2 part time guys. One of them left me. The other has gone full time for me. We are going to make some $$$ this year now that we've trimmed some fat and it's just he and I. He is really stepping up. I was worried about being able to get it all done in 7 weeks so we've been using the Z's much more than we ever have for a pre-emergent round.(It's mostly been the hose/gun for these apps). We are still using it for our smaller lawns(under 5K) Getting our current customers done as quickly and efficiently as possible is paramount so the Z's are the ticket.

I just pointed out to him the other day how he was at a distinct advantage over all the lawn jockeys around town. He not only knows what he is spraying/applying but he has the ability to spray/apply it with multiple types of equipment that he has been thoroughly trained on.

I will spend more time with him on turf diseases/insects this season and next year I will start working with him on ornamental tree/shrub work. I would love to some day see him take the test for his license.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

For those of you who use a skid and Z Spray do you fill the Z out of the skid? Just wondering.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Im thinking of trying a ride on out. What can I expect. Currently we are running a 200gal skid with a 300ft hose. I gotta fill up way to much and productivity is slow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
Im thinking of trying a ride on out. What can I expect. Currently we are running a 200gal skid with a 300ft hose. I gotta fill up way to much and productivity is slow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Any time you add a motorized machine your going to get a lot more done

I do a job that 34 acres and can do it in 2 days with a ride on how long would it take you to do that with a hose? you can answer your own question.