Register free!

Old 03-01-2014, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
For those of you who use a skid and Z Spray do you fill the Z out of the skid? Just wondering.
I have a 200 gal tank that used to be for my skid that I fill my ride on with and my skid now only has a 65 gal tank that use to be my nurse tank.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Ride on guys, are all your applications granular now since having a ride on or do you have a liquid round thrown in some where?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Since we are late getting out the door this year, our goal is to get our old customers done as quickly and efficiently as possible. I want nothing to slow us down and I want us to be prepared to treat any and every lawn no matter the size or grass type.

We fill the skids in the back of the truck with a mix that can be sprayed at 2 GPM. We then use this tank mix to fill the Z's with. I have a fill sheet made out with products and rates of materials to add to the tank on the Z's to make them applicable at 1/3 GPM. We are also able to somewhat "customize" the mix by doing this. Also, by knowing ahead that we have a lawn with some Centipede or St.Aug in it, we can alter the mix to products safe to use on these grass types.

By doing things this way, we can pull up and be prepared to spray a 1500 sq ft "postage stamp" or a 3 acre "estate" with any type of turf or mix of turf.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 03-01-2014, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuakwhit View Post
Ride on guys, are all your applications granular now since having a ride on or do you have a liquid round thrown in some where?
Posted via Mobile Device
I change to mostly granular when I got a ride on but do have some places that can't be done with a ride on that I still do with liquid fert and pre but those places get granular in the summer and spot sprayed. No special liquid apps here
Old 03-01-2014, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Was wondering why go with an Inter over a Max? Not that much different in price. Seems like Inter you have to constantly fill while spraying. Just wondering.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Have you noticed your pre-emergent being any different. I've always done at least one liquid pre-emergent just the fact of the liquid doesn't bounce off bare spots like a granular does.

I went with the intermediate over the max because the intermediates width
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Have you noticed your pre-emergent being any different. I've always done at least one liquid pre-emergent just the fact of the liquid doesn't bounce off bare spots like a granular does.

I went with the intermediate over the max because the intermediates width
Posted via Mobile Device

We don't use dry pre's for 2 reasons. Number one, the expense for it in this area is astronomical. Number 2, I don't believe it offers complete or even coverage of the active ingredient. Add to that the fact that you are having to blow off sidewalks, driveways and hard surfaces(which takes extra time), and in my mind I have several good reasons not to use dry pre's.

All herbicides(pre's or post's) are applied in a liquid form by us...

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 03-01-2014, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here. We operate a standard Jr with an intermediate hopper. (42" width) The large hopper allows less filling but the more narrow width of the machine allows easy entry through gates... and we have a Jr 36. Lots of gates in our customer base. Many of which are 48" or less. A Max would not be practical for use on many of our residential customers lawns.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

So ted, you're telling me you run pre-emergent through the zspray. Is that correct?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
So ted, you're telling me you run pre-emergent through the zspray. Is that correct?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes. So do I.