Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: Which direction should printed side face?
House 0 0%
Street 5 100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2014, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Facing flyers

Ok, so I have been putting all flyers printed side to the door with blank side facing out because some competition rips them off if they see it's opposing theirs, Whats your opinion on which direction will get a better response?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One more thing, it's been a while since I've passed out fliers in the Denver area, what would be the best time to get them out, as my competition will be 15+ flyers per neighborhood.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2014, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I honestly think it really wouldn't matter right?

Because if the competition is ripping door hangers down and they see ANY door hanger, they will rip it down.

It's not like they are going to not know what houses they have put them at or not right?

If your competition is ripping your door hangers down I would go have a chat with the owner about fair business practices.

Did you say 15+ flyers per neighborhood?!!!

Wow! I do not envy you... Your market is super saturated...

I see you have been a member since 2002 so you are in no way shape or form a rookie.

I have been in the industry a long time myself and my suggestion would be to find a new and outside of the box way of advertising. Use your veteran status to come up with an exciting and eye catching new way to get peoples attention...

Good luck my friend..
Old 02-23-2014, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
I honestly think it really wouldn't matter right?

Because if the competition is ripping door hangers down and they see ANY door hanger, they will rip it down.

It's not like they are going to not know what houses they have put them at or not right?

If your competition is ripping your door hangers down I would go have a chat with the owner about fair business practices.

Did you say 15+ flyers per neighborhood?!!!

Wow! I do not envy you... Your market is super saturated...

I see you have been a member since 2002 so you are in no way shape or form a rookie.

I have been in the industry a long time myself and my suggestion would be to find a new and outside of the box way of advertising. Use your veteran status to come up with an exciting and eye catching new way to get peoples attention...

Good luck my friend..
Thank you for your response. The particular company I'm referring to fires their employees if they don't rip them down. And as far as the 15 flyers I'm talking about 15 different companies are putting flyers in 1 neighborhood. As far as the veteran status I do use that to my advantage and use it on flyers as well. I just need to come up with something new this year that's cost effective. Google was costing me 4.85 per click last year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2014, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncare3 View Post
Thank you for your response. The particular company I'm referring to fires their employees if they don't rip them down. And as far as the 15 flyers I'm talking about 15 different companies are putting flyers in 1 neighborhood. As far as the veteran status I do use that to my advantage and use it on flyers as well. I just need to come up with something new this year that's cost effective. Google was costing me 4.85 per click last year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well if it were me.
I'd be happy there are plenty of guys available for hire that got fired for not ripping down flyers.
Especially since I would advertise a $50 bonus and a Job offer for NOT ripping down MY flyers.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump
Posted via Mobile Device