Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2014, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Need help with Textron/ Ransomes Bobcat BBC

Hello,

I purchased (stole for 6 hundo) a 36" Hydro Bobcat from a Pawn shop last month. I repainted the deck, and ordered all new blades, belts etc. I put it all back together yesterday, and all is well except the BBC. On my mower it's not a PTO, just a lever that engages a belt. It worked great with the old worn belt, but with the new one no matter what I do the belt is spinning. I even loosened the idler pulley on the deck as much as I could and the belt still spins, but the blades won't like this. If I engage the blades when it is that lose it doesn't get tight enough. This is my first commercial mower, and I have a full week ahead of clean ups and really need this mower to make any money. Can someone please help me I have no Idea what else to do.

Thanks!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaters932 View Post
Hello,

I purchased (stole for 6 hundo) a 36" Hydro Bobcat from a Pawn shop last month. I repainted the deck, and ordered all new blades, belts etc. I put it all back together yesterday, and all is well except the BBC. On my mower it's not a PTO, just a lever that engages a belt. It worked great with the old worn belt, but with the new one no matter what I do the belt is spinning. I even loosened the idler pulley on the deck as much as I could and the belt still spins, but the blades won't like this. If I engage the blades when it is that lose it doesn't get tight enough. This is my first commercial mower, and I have a full week ahead of clean ups and really need this mower to make any money. Can someone please help me I have no Idea what else to do.

Thanks!!!
How bout we start with the MODEL NUMBER of your unit as there are 31 different hydro models?????

Then we can move on to making sure you have the belt guides correctly installed and set.... Then we can get into the 2 adjustments there are on the PTO lever!

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in AL View Post
How bout we start with the MODEL NUMBER of your unit as there are 31 different hydro models?????

Then we can move on to making sure you have the belt guides correctly installed and set.... Then we can get into the 2 adjustments there are on the PTO lever!
Sorry, didn't think about that.

Power Unit Model is 930307, Deck Model is 933400.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry, didn't think about that.

Power Unit Model is 930307, Deck Model is 933400.

Thanks for the help!
Is the deck belt you installed an OEM belt or aftermarket? What is the part number?

I'll post how to make the adjustments shortly...

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

It's aftermarket. Part number is 38463. I ordered it from mowersupplyusa.com. It is a Pix Belt.

Thanks again!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
It's aftermarket. Part number is 38463. I ordered it from mowersupplyusa.com. It is a Pix Belt.

Thanks again!
Sorry for the delay to get back, got tied up...

As far as the belt being an aftermarket one, you may continue to have problems getting it to work correctly... They never seem to be a perfect fit to the OEM... So keep that in mind as you may need to get an OEM.

The primary PTO belt for a 36" is in fact OEM number 38463 and retails for $22.50 ish. It should also be a wrapped belt, no raw edge.

Look at and or print out the PDF below and perform the areas I have highlighted... IF after making the adjustments the problem still happens and you are 100% sure they were made correctly, then I would suggest getting an OEM belt and starting over with the adjustments.

Some are tougher to get adjusted and working correctly with OEM belts, but most are even worse to get right with aftermarket belts!

So make/check the 3 adjustments shown and let's go from there!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Deck Belt Guides and Over Center Adjustment.pdf (158.8 KB, 7 views)

Old 02-25-2014, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks a ton for all the help Jeff! Good news is I got it working how I want, adjusted everything as indicated. bad news... I broke one of the bolts on the engine belt guide For now it's working great! I'll tackle the broken bolt now too.

Thanks again!
Old 02-25-2014, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No problem, glad to help!

You can view or download a Parts List for your unit on SGC's (Bob-Cat) site:
http://erp2web.schillergcpro.com/e2wCustomerHome.aspx

If you have trouble downloading it or want the Operators Manual, I can send (email) them to you for the unit and deck for future reference. Just pm me with the email you would like it/them sent to!