Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-27-2000, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawnguy Its a slight possibility that i am wrong due to the year you are talking about but now a days the 2 digits are residential and the 3 digits are commercial(55 Rancher is a good example, 257 is a good example of the commercial one... and by the way those rule.) I own a 45 I told the dealer, of just husky products, that i wanted a saw that would last a long time and could cut constantly he said the minimum i would want to buy is the 45. It was a great deal cuz it was a 97(in late summer 99) and was the only one left. This thing runs great starts after like 3 pulls (2 on choke)... i havent brought it into the shop yet. <br> I know that this is gonna sound kind of contradictirary but when i saw people where bad mouthing husky saws i had to put in my (very)limited opinion. I have always had a funny feeling about the husky trimmers cuz they just dont look commercial. Also ive never seen them in the feild. As far as the saws i have never seen any other kind of saw. Good luck with the trimmers everybody!
Old 07-29-2000, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

MOWERUP I HAVE 4 OF THE 225'S AND 2 OF THE 232'S I ADMIT THEY ARE NOT THE LIGHTEST TRIMMER ON THE MARKETBUT MY EXPERIENCE IS THAT I HAVE NEVER PUT ANY ONE OF THEM IN THE SHOP...I HAVE REPLACED LOOP HANDLES AND PULL ROPES BUT THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN YOU USE THEM AS MUCH AS I DO ...I BOUGHT A 325LX LAST SUMMER, THE 325LX HAS BEEN REPAIRED 5 TIMES UNDER WARRANTY AND 1 TIME OUT OF WARRANTY..I HOPE IT WAS BECAUSE THE 325 WAS A NEW PRODUCT MAYBE THE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT BUT WHEN IT IS RUNNING IT IS A GREAT TRIMMER POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO IS SECOND TO NONE
Old 07-31-2000, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have used Husky trimmers since I started and the 122L & 125L (both made by Maruyama) are awesome. The 225L and 232L are VERY powerful, but a pain to start. (No primer bulb on the carb) 122L/125L are still available in Maruyama line for less $$ than Husky. Last year when my last running 122L was relieved of my posession, I decided to try Lesco's LST 2300. Cheaper and more powerful than the 122L, but loud! BTW, Robin has a new 4-stroke that weighs in under 12 lbs. It's a bit pricey, but should be quieter and last longer than the 2-cycles. They also have a featherweight under 7 lbs. Redmax also has a good line. I was looking at one at my dealer when a guy came in for a part for one. His fell of the truck on the interstate. All it needed was a carb cover and a gas cap. I see a lot of Shindaiwa, but they all seem heavy. Also, parts for ANY Husky at any dealer have been hard to get. <br><p><font size="1">Edited by: eslawns
Old 07-31-2000, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

HEY ESLAWNS HUSKY IS PUTTING PRIMER BULBS ON THEIR 225 AND 232 NOW BUT OLD MODELS WERE ONLY HARD TO START WHEN YOU RUN THEM OUT OF GAS
Old 08-01-2000, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I rarely run any of my stuff out of gas. I fill before every other lawn so I don't have to walk back to the truck. Those things are a pain in the rump to start every day. I wouldn't know about their new stuff, though. There is other equipment out there that is just as good and far less money. To name a few: Redmax, Robin, Lesco, Maruyama. For what you pay for 2 325LX Huskies, I can buy 3 Redmax LD trimmers. And IF I need a part, I can actually get it without waiting for 3 weeks.
Old 08-02-2000, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a couple 325 Husky trimmers this year, and have been fairly satisfied (there is a potentially defective shaft - but it is a quick repair). The operators seem to like them because they are lighter than the others. I have had very good luck logging hundreds or thousands of hours on Husqvarna equipment. Even an old (12 years or so)trimmer that I converted into a brush cutter still runs strong. One trimmer from two years ago (I forget the model#) doesn't run as well as the others, but everything else is fine. We run saws, line trimmers, and hedge trimmers. In fact, its always the Husky stuff that seems to get stolen (a 371 saw last week) before the other brands. <br>By the way Bill, there is a big difference between homeowner lines and the commercial ones. A good dealer can steer you to the right saw for your application. We used to cut a lot of trees for firewood with only Husky saws(268s and 272s), and my buddy with a tree service runs them like crazy. Just my two cents. (Bill- also - yes I was referring to solo operators for most of the other post - thank you for your correction).<br><p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply - http://members.aol.com/slsnursery<br>Ivy League Landscaping - http://members.aol.com/scagrider