Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-03-2000, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Hello everyone.<p>I just wanted to drop you all a update on the projects I have going on with LawnSite.com and the ideas I have brewing.<p>I am still working on the lawn company directory. Work is slow but the building of the database is taking a little longer than expected.<p>I just registered the domain names turftrivia.com and turftest.com. I want to build sites that will help educate the industry. I am looking for idea input and how to make the sites work.. so... if you have any ideas please let me know by sending a email to &lt;a href=&quot;mailto:chuck@lawnsite.com&quot;&gt;chuck@lawnsite.com&lt;/a&gt;<p>TurfTrivia will fall in the lines of a &quot;fun&quot; site for the end user but I really want TurfTest.com to fall in the lines of a educational site to help people in the industry study for industry tests such as pesticide licenses, etc.<p>If I could get a review book from every state in the country and post questions and answers to help that would be great. Im not sure how I will go about doing it but I want input if you have any.<p>Thanks.<p>Chuck Keough<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: administrator
Old 07-03-2000, 08:02 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This sounds like a great idea Chuck. You sure have a way of making the best better. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 07-03-2000, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Chuck, is there any way to speed up the forum (loading posts and stuff)? Just wondering. Seems like when I connect when you all are sleeping (8 or 9 AM here) its pretty fast, but if I'm on while others are too, everything loads super slow. I'm connecting @ 50-56K so thats not a problem. Any suggestions?<br> <p><br>P.S. The new sites sound great! Keep up the great work!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 07-03-2000, 02:15 PM
Administrator

You might want to set the forum to show discussions from last day only. We get so many posts that it starts to get slow to load.
Old 07-03-2000, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One way to get some of the certification information is to contact each state's extension agency. It might be possible to provide links to their web sites if the info is already posted there. I'll see our agent next week, so I'll ask a couple of questions then.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>