Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2014, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
Just went and checked that out. It is a stamped deck, with a electric MOD feature. That is a nice setup. Is this the same MOD as on the Z's?

What is pricing on this?
I have been quoted 7,500-8,500 for Deere R Series standers, depending on options and deck size
Old 04-04-2014, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
Just went and checked that out. It is a stamped deck, with a electric MOD feature. That is a nice setup. Is this the same MOD as on the Z's?

What is pricing on this?
If Deere has the 7 Iron available, even if its the MOD version, its a HUGE step up from the Aero Core deck. The Wright Aero Core deck is a dud....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2014, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed - pics on this forum don't look like its a 7-iron though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2014, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...wpost&t=422184
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Agreed - pics on this forum don't look like its a 7-iron though.
Posted via Mobile Device
From reading on the website, all of the Quick Tracs come with a slightly modified Aerro deck off of the Wrights. The only ones that have a MOD deck are the 652R MOD with either EFI or not in a 52" deck.
http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/...652r_mod.page?

There is no 7-Iron deck available, or even that term mentioned in any of the descriptions. It does say that the MOD version is stamped, while calling the Aerro version fabricated.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think the wording "stamped" might just be an oversight on the website. It may just be a generic description that doesn't take into account the different deck used on the standers - or at least the shots under the deck on that other thread look like it's the same fabbed deck that's been modified for mulch-in-demand.

We would all like to see the 7iron on the new standers but I'm guessing they would have to lengthen the frames to fit it in there and would lose the great balance of the wright design. The 48-54 might fit on the 61inch frame though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2014, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had 4 standers (fixed deck) in the past. I just bought a Deere 648R primarily due to price but also for dealer support. My Wright dealer is closer but I don't like them that much.

The controls are different but I'm not sure that it matters all that much. I also have a Grandstand so I'm already used to the different styles. The forks are different as well - cast iron. Maybe that's important and maybe not. I've never bent a fork before except when an employee sent a mower over a retaining wall. I don't think that counts.

All in all, I love it. It's fast, powerful and cuts well. We will see the truth when we get to the heavy spring growth though - so far so good.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 04-05-2014, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Member

It is not the same as the Ztraks. All the controls that open and close the baffels are hidden under the mower so that clippings do not get caught on top of the deck. I sell John Deere. any other quetions just let me know.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Are any of the smaller, 36", stand on mowers any good? We are looking at replacing our entire fleet this spring and I was wondering if I should look at stand on mowers. My dealer was very negative about them saying that they are not stable and the feedback has been that users do not feel comfortable on them. Anyone have any real world experience with these smaller units?
Old 04-10-2014, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've used my new quicktrak 652r about 11 hours so far. I love it. Never ran a wright so I can't compare. This is my first stander. So far I have cut wet dry and a few hills. I'm trying to get used to controls better before I hit steeper slopes. But mine cuts and stripes like a dream. I paid $9300 for mine. The electric actuator is really nice but a lever like my 930m is faster. I think you would be satisfied with it if you decide to get one
Posted via Mobile Device