Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-28-2014, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I don't understand what you're complaining about? They look fine, look at about every used TK and the handles are a pretzel. TK should have made the handles bolt on from the start. Not a huge fan of the new paint scheme.

I have a 08 TL130 but honestly are they doing any refining too their machines? The cab could be much better and some of the layout is just dumb - they put the window wiper control under the seatbar on the drive side so if you want to turn it on you have to stop. I could go on and on with stuff like that but still like them...
It may be just me but those handles have to be the dumbest design I've ever seen. It can just picture them getting hung up on crap. Can picture myself falling on them too

Taki is 8k more in my area over kubota. And I really like the svl 75
Old 02-28-2014, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey theyre bolt on, build a set of low profile bars. They day i buy a $50k plus machine based on looks just stick a fork in me because im done
Old 02-28-2014, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am a buyer of TK excavators but I have never bought into their CTLs. I know they are durable, but they are not comfortable (compared to others). I think the market has largely caught up to TK in durability or perhaps TK has had to increase the amount of electronics in their machine which seems to be the Achilles heel for everyone. It seems if any has problems with a TK CTL its electronic. The only issues I have had with my TK excavators have been electronic. The cost of TK parts is stupid expensive. They build good stuff, but they cant afford to shut down the R&D department either.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Hey theyre bolt on, build a set of low profile bars. They day i buy a $50k plus machine based on looks just stick a fork in me because im done
It's not all about looks just a pet peeve lol. We do a lot of mowing and some mulching I just think that big ass handle is a bad idea. No others machines have that.

I still haven't decided what I'm doing I just came across them when looking at their tire models
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2014, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
It's not all about looks just a pet peeve lol. We do a lot of mowing and some mulching I just think that big ass handle is a bad idea. No others machines have that.

I still haven't decided what I'm doing I just came across them when looking at their tire models
Posted via Mobile Device
I would avoid their wheeled machines. If TK had something to do with the design and manufacture maybe that would different ( I am sure it would not look like it does if that was the case). That wheeled machine is a train wreck. There are a bunch of the Terex versions being sold (or maybe just have been) on Iron Planet. I believe that was a monumentally bad decision to brand that machine.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Member

The guy I bought my TL230 from replaced it with a TL12. As far as I know he likes it, however I have not asked about it in a while. I haven't had the chance to ask how it compares to my TL230 in terms of comfort, noise, cab, etc.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a TL130 and the handles are very similar, since owning the machine I managed to crinkle one side and had have a new one made and welded back on. Looks like they made them a little more low profile, you do have to watch when going in and out of pole barn or garages and tree branches since they stick up higher than the arms. I thought about cutting them off, but they do make it nice climbing up on the machine. I'd say they bolt on now to be able to replace or take off if a owner wants. I was crazy about the new paint job, but like any kind of change you get use to it. I love my takeuchi, its no nice Cadillac but it gets the job done and wants more.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I would avoid their wheeled machines. If TK had something to do with the design and manufacture maybe that would different ( I am sure it would not look like it does if that was the case). That wheeled machine is a train wreck. There are a bunch of the Terex versions being sold (or maybe just have been) on Iron Planet. I believe that was a monumentally bad decision to brand that machine.
Yeah I'm avoiding them like the plague. Good lord them things are ugly I can't imagine viability.

They seem so damn small too.

It's either going to be a big tire machine or mid sized track machine.

I'm leaning towards tire machine and an excavator. But well see
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
It may be just me but those handles have to be the dumbest design I've ever seen. It can just picture them getting hung up on crap. Can picture myself falling on them too

Taki is 8k more in my area over kubota. And I really like the svl 75
Well it is not a jungle gym. I just don't get what the problem is with them? They are nice to grab hold of when disembarking the machine. I like the looks of the new handle but really like the bolt on-ness.

I may be harsh on TK but I do like the machine and don't think anyone has better or smoother controls. I also like going back to being able to just pull the seatbar down and go, no stupid buttons to push. I just wish that TK would update the cab and options that are common on other brands.

Came across a contractor up north that picks up a TK with couple thousand hours and runs them up to 6000 hours, he has been very successful doing this. His point is the TK is a rebuildable machine not disposable like other machines.

Can't say much about the Kubota as I've not had a chance to run one.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen the new Takis at the Case dealer here for quite a while now.