Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2014, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Armsden: Work looks great man! I dig the edges (pun intended) and those installs look good. I also like how you put edging between the stone and the mulch on that little one. Thats really the only place I'd ever suggest anyone use that stuff. I hate seeing plastic edging bordering grass. Gives me a similar feeling to nails on a chalkboard. Also would love to see that driveway finished. I love doing jobs like that. Was it a pain to get it approved? Did you send them a drawing or just a description or did you have to meet someone from the county at the jobsite? I can tell you're excited about the coming season as am I. Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshutter View Post
Beds look great! Real interested to follow this thread. Upstate NY is a beautiful area. I used to go camping in the phoenicia, ny area all the time. North lake camp area? Keep those pics coming!
Pheonecia/Tannersville is one of my favorite areas. I know a lot of the mountains there like the back of my hand. Amazingly beautiful all year round.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks so much BackYard!!!!

Thank you so much for noticing the edge in between the stone and mulch, I was rather proud of that little touch myself..

Nails on a chalkboard!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!

I know exactly what you are talking about... I really try to sway clients away from using it. A nice deep, well maintained edge looks really good in my opinion...

Other edging like Techo Bloc's Avignon or Belgik looks good too, but of course is way more pricey hence the reason why a lot of clients want the plastic edging... Even field stone edging looks good in the right application....

As for the driveway, It wasn't a pain to get it approved at all. Just had to call the highway superintendent for the town and lay out my plan to him. Tell him where it was, what I was going to be using for equipment and materials, how I was going to install it, how I was going to keep with the grade of the road.... They sent somebody out to check the location and called me back within 2 days and approved it. All in all in was very painless and the guy I dealt with was a good dude.

I will make certain to post some flicks of the afters as soon as the snow melts.... I am beyond excited for this season. Where last season was exciting because it was my first as an owner, this season is even better because I have a list of clients for maintenance and some jobs already booked...

Thanks so much for the positive and kind words!

P.S... I need to see more of this beautiful state... Pheonecia sounds beautiful! I also want to see more of the northwest/st. lawrence river area...
Old 03-06-2014, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

That edging looks so awesome!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you so much!

Do you run any SD decks for your Walker or any attachments or implements?
Old 03-09-2014, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Everything looks great! Love the edging. I have several types of power edgers, which is nice for doing it fast, and they do a good job, but nothing beats a spade for that crisp, clean, deep edge.

Tyler
20 Years Old 2005 Chevy 1500 silverado 2wd•1993 John Deere 425 customized•2013 Atlas 8’ By 20’ Enclosed trailer• 2011 Carry-On 5’ By 10’ Open trailer•Brush Bandit 65 Brush Chipper•Toro titan Zero turn mower •Tons of Stihl Equipment, tools, walkbehind equipment, and safety gear.
Picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=420600
Do what you love, and you never work a day in your life!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks so much Beautiful Estates...

And I have to say... I checked out your picture thread and you have one of the coolest, most organized trailers I have ever seen...

Looks like a Stihl Museum! Awesome!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Thanks so much Beautiful Estates...

And I have to say... I checked out your picture thread and you have one of the coolest, most organized trailers I have ever seen...

Looks like a Stihl Museum! Awesome!
Thank you!

Tyler
20 Years Old 2005 Chevy 1500 silverado 2wd•1993 John Deere 425 customized•2013 Atlas 8’ By 20’ Enclosed trailer• 2011 Carry-On 5’ By 10’ Open trailer•Brush Bandit 65 Brush Chipper•Toro titan Zero turn mower •Tons of Stihl Equipment, tools, walkbehind equipment, and safety gear.
Picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=420600
Do what you love, and you never work a day in your life!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Good looking work. What kind of truck is that? Any pics of it?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely JgLawn.... I would put some pics right here but the one's I have I already posted so they won't let me post them here...

I actually posted 2 bigger and better photos of it in the "2014 Lawn Care Trailer Truck Set Up Equipment Pictures Lawn Care" thread here in the pictures section... I believe that thread is currently on page 2. I posted pics of my truck and trailer on the first page of that thread... Check it out.

It's a 2003 F350 Dually Dump. It's a gasser and has the 5.4 in it. (I would have preferred a diesel but I got a smoking deal on it) It's got a 10 Ft. dump on it and the sides I built on the bed go up about 5 ft. There's a little bit of rust on the wheel wells and rocker panels and bottom of the doors that I am debating trying to fix. Snow is big business up here so I may just smooth out the rough edges and not go crazy just because it will most likely become my dedicated plow/salt & sand truck in the winters to come.

Thanks so much for your compliment and get ready because it's going to be a great season!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice, the truck I bought the body is nice and clean no rust at all. They are work horse's. Good pick on it! Good luck this season.