Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2014, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes!!!!

Nice catch Church2224!!!!

It's a SCAGENSTEIN!!!!!!

I bought it from a gentleman in New Hampshire. It is a SW body with a SWZU floating deck!!!!

I bought it for an absolute steal. I am in the process of sprucing it up with a new discharge chute and also new belt covers...

And to be 100% honest, it runs and cuts amazing for a Scagenstein. I ran a fixed deck 48 inch belt drive Scag for about 4 seasons straight as I was working my way up at my last job so operating this is so much much fun.

I do have my sights set on a new walk behind in the next couple years but I refuse to get one until I make the $ to buy it. I would love to demo the SWZT because I have always loved Scag but I gotta say, Turf Tracers looks so damn amazing to me man. The ECS controls and their QOC is top notch... Decisions decisions.... glad I don't have to make one yet...!!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome work. I like the bed installs you do. Nice and clean looking.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Yes!!!!

Nice catch Church2224!!!!

It's a SCAGENSTEIN!!!!!!

I bought it from a gentleman in New Hampshire. It is a SW body with a SWZU floating deck!!!!

I bought it for an absolute steal. I am in the process of sprucing it up with a new discharge chute and also new belt covers...

And to be 100% honest, it runs and cuts amazing for a Scagenstein. I ran a fixed deck 48 inch belt drive Scag for about 4 seasons straight as I was working my way up at my last job so operating this is so much much fun.

I do have my sights set on a new walk behind in the next couple years but I refuse to get one until I make the $ to buy it. I would love to demo the SWZT because I have always loved Scag but I gotta say, Turf Tracers looks so damn amazing to me man. The ECS controls and their QOC is top notch... Decisions decisions.... glad I don't have to make one yet...!!!!
Scag should hire that guy to work for them, he did an awesome job! I wish they would use the old SWZU style as the basis for their floating deck mowers, they were tanks!

And in terms of walk behinds, I currently run a 48 inch Turf Tracer S Series and absolutely love it. It is reliable and cuts very well. IMHO Exmark is the standard all other walk behinds should be judge against, they are fantastic (Although the new Bob Cat is extremely tempting)
Old 03-28-2014, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's awesome that you run a Turf Tracer.... Some of the stripes I have seen done by a Turf Tracers are just amazing! And the UltraCut deck is second to none...

Funny you mention the new Bob-Cat.... I just piped in on somebody's thread about them last night... Lots of guys don't realize but Bob-Cat walk behinds in particular are extremely popular in many parts of the country. I have also seen amazing QOC and striping capabilities from the Bobby's as well. I am dying to see a review on the new floater...
Old 03-28-2014, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks so much ORlawncare....

That means a lot coming from you...

I am a HUGE fan of your picture thread and the work you guys do...
Old 03-28-2014, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
That's awesome that you run a Turf Tracer.... Some of the stripes I have seen done by a Turf Tracers are just amazing! And the UltraCut deck is second to none...

Funny you mention the new Bob-Cat.... I just piped in on somebody's thread about them last night... Lots of guys don't realize but Bob-Cat walk behinds in particular are extremely popular in many parts of the country. I have also seen amazing QOC and striping capabilities from the Bobby's as well. I am dying to see a review on the new floater...
Haha the reason I mentioned the new Bob Cat is because I started that thread myself. I wish they were more popular down here, they look very well put together.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you should paint your wheels black! It can be quick and easy and really spruce up the look of your truck.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lookin good man! Can't believe I didn't catch this thread before! Your work looks top notch.

I'll add to the BobCat discussion. Really I think they set the standard in the fixed deck WB market. I have an 87 ransoms that starts first pull. Never had anything but oil and belts and some sharp blades. These floaters are going to really start to show. My dealer sells Exmark, Toro, BobCat, and Dixie, and the BobCat numbers grow every year. However those turf tracers sure do look nice all shined up!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2014, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work... like the edges on the beds
Old 04-04-2014, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
A better look at the old 2003 F350...

And my #1 employee of course...

I am getting her lettered up here very soon.

I would like to give a little attention to the rust on the wheel wells and the bottoms of the doors....

Any suggestions from you guys other than the norm?

Also, thinking about painting the wheels black...

What do you guys think?
Just clean her up and you be ok.

My 03 f250 will be getting work soon. Im going to take off the bed, i got an aluminum flat bed ( off a home depot truck) for $500. Hopefully i can have it installed this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device