Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2014, 03:11 PM
JonLawn's Avatar
JonLawn JonLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 105
Truck magnet advice

I am looking to get new truck magnets and am looking for a new provider. Right now I have vistaprint magnets and they look good but the biggest they make them is 12"x18". I want something bigger - maybe 18"x24".

Does anyone know a place that makes these custom? Also I have a jpg file for my logo so I need to figure out how to make the resolution expand to that size which right now it can't. Could a print shop do this?

I am open to lettering but I figure for resale and changing the logo info over time a magnet is easier. Thoughts?
__________________
Maryland Licensed Fertilizer and Pesticide Applicator

www.JonsLawnsMD.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-01-2014, 06:43 PM
WenzelOSLLC WenzelOSLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maplewood, MN
Posts: 342
Not sure if you have a Fastsigns or similar shop by you. They can do almost any size you want.

Lettering can be (fairly) easily removed from the vehicle and there shouldn't be too many changes to the things you put on your truck. They last 3-5 or more years and your number, website, core services, etc shouldn't change too much in that time.
__________________
www.WenzelOS.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2014, 01:22 PM
JonLawn's Avatar
JonLawn JonLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 105
I will look into that. What can I expect to pay for two doors lettered at 18x24"?
__________________
Maryland Licensed Fertilizer and Pesticide Applicator

www.JonsLawnsMD.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2014, 03:11 PM
STIHL GUY's Avatar
STIHL GUY STIHL GUY is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 5,157
To letter both my doors with 2 color lettering and a grass border cost me 300
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2014, 06:53 PM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,474
I use "build a sign". they run a lot of specials and my magnets and street signs have held up well to weather. They have a pretty good online design widget and you can submit photos or artwork.

http://www.buildasign.com/
__________________

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 PM
RonWin RonWin is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by STIHL GUY View Post
To letter both my doors with 2 color lettering and a grass border cost me 300
Posted via Mobile Device
that's robbery. I paid $180 for both doors full color logo and text.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:45 PM
JonLawn's Avatar
JonLawn JonLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by WenzelOSLLC View Post
Not sure if you have a Fastsigns or similar shop by you. They can do almost any size you want.

Lettering can be (fairly) easily removed from the vehicle and there shouldn't be too many changes to the things you put on your truck. They last 3-5 or more years and your number, website, core services, etc shouldn't change too much in that time.
I got 2 huge door magnets with some artwork resolution work for $130. I'm happy with that.
__________________
Maryland Licensed Fertilizer and Pesticide Applicator

www.JonsLawnsMD.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Classic Cuts Lawn Service's Avatar
Classic Cuts Lawn Service Classic Cuts Lawn Service is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Posts: 880
Im pretty sure Planitgraphics does magnet signs, double check but I'm almost positive. I'm not sure on Bob's prices but based on what he sent us with the EDDM postcards, I'm sure the magnets will be great as well.
__________________
Classic Cuts Lawn Service
Ford and Chevy trucks
Exmark, Toro, Scag mowers
Stihl and Echo handhelds
Commercial Applicator Certified in 3A and 3B
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-08-2014, 08:48 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 4,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLawn View Post
I am looking to get new truck magnets and am looking for a new provider. Right now I have vistaprint magnets and they look good but the biggest they make them is 12"x18". I want something bigger - maybe 18"x24".

Does anyone know a place that makes these custom? Also I have a jpg file for my logo so I need to figure out how to make the resolution expand to that size which right now it can't. Could a print shop do this?

I am open to lettering but I figure for resale and changing the logo info over time a magnet is easier. Thoughts?
If you're okay driving down here call markz designs. He has a website.

I paid less than $300 for entire truck. He does everyone i know. Morgan e russel freestate paving somd paving etc
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2014, 06:26 AM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 300
16" X 24" cost $26.oo each if you buy two, & less if you buy more from dirt cheap signs,http://www.dirtcheapsigns.com/Custom-Car-Magnets.php
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.08023 seconds with 7 queries