Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mosquito spraying price

Hey guys I'm looking into spraying the all natural garlic oil for mosquitoes this season. Used it around the shop last year, worked well. We did it every 3 weeks or so and the results were solid. For those doing these applications, what do you charge homeowners per application?
Old 02-25-2014, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just attended a seminar on mosquito control put on by Univar yesterday, I am a bit surprised with the results you seen with the all natural spray no one around here has had much luck with all natural, Would you be willing to share your brand name? Also pricing can be all over for residential from 89.00 per app to 149 depends on amount of shrubs, trees and one time app or 21 day.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I use mosquito barrier...comes in 4x1 gal case. I use canola oil if there are standing water, it creates a mask on the water and suffocates the larvae. works like a charm. i charge the same as my tick sprays. 1.5x lawn application price. starts at $60 and goes up $4.50 per 1000 sq ft of lawn
2013 Lt Rich ZSpray Intermediate
2013 ATC 18' Enclosed Trailer
Old 02-25-2014, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody complain about the garlic smell?
Old 02-25-2014, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe you should upsell this to Italian restaurants to entice clients to eat spaghetti.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Mosquito barrier works well. The garlic smell isn't overpowering and dissipates soon. It can linger in humid weather. It may attract Italians, but the bring the wine, great food and lots of laughs.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 03-05-2014, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Member

We offered the garlic spray as a natural option for the last two years, but are dropping it this year. We had too many call backs, rain fall kills it. Honestly, when a customer was presented with the price of the garlic vs. chemical 90% of the customers went with the chemical app, so I would offer both. The chemicals we use provide at least a four week control period even with significant rain fall. I know some of the guys on here had good luck with the garlic barrier, in South Carolina it just didn't hold up to our rainy humid summers.

We use Stihl Mist blowers to apply, and charge $59.00 per month for an average home with a 1/2 acre lot for our traditional spray. We charge $65.00 every two weeks for the garlic barrier spray. Pricing really depends on the local competition. We have mosquito squad & mosquito authority here so we try to be competitive with them.

I never had a complaint about the odor, when you mix & apply it the odor fades quickly (we used 8oz per gallon). I have a separate blower just for the garlic, once you put it in the tank the odor is there forever!

Hope that helps.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think $99.00 for a one time spray and $55-$65/ month during the season for programs is a good price.....
Old 03-05-2014, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper44 View Post
I think $99.00 for a one time spray and $55-$65/ month during the season for programs is a good price.....
We apply to resting sites shrubs etc for a special event we would apply to the lawn if dedired
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2014, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWater.org View Post
We offered the garlic spray as a natural option for the last two years, but are dropping it this year. We had too many call backs, rain fall kills it. Honestly, when a customer was presented with the price of the garlic vs. chemical 90% of the customers went with the chemical app, so I would offer both. The chemicals we use provide at least a four week control period even with significant rain fall. I know some of the guys on here had good luck with the garlic barrier, in South Carolina it just didn't hold up to our rainy humid summers.

We use Stihl Mist blowers to apply, and charge $59.00 per month for an average home with a 1/2 acre lot for our traditional spray. We charge $65.00 every two weeks for the garlic barrier spray. Pricing really depends on the local competition. We have mosquito squad & mosquito authority here so we try to be competitive with them.

I never had a complaint about the odor, when you mix & apply it the odor fades quickly (we used 8oz per gallon). I have a separate blower just for the garlic, once you put it in the tank the odor is there forever!

Hope that helps.
What chemical are you using?