Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2014, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

What type of advertising works best?

I know all advertising works together, but which type shows best results for you?
Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Sponsor

Our Lawnsite customers have found our door hanger special for $79 very helpful. You get 1000 of our full color Band-it door hangers that stay on the door like they're supposed to, full color, 4.25 x 11 and you can utilize our online designer. If you need help with a design, for $20 more our graphic designer will create a professional door hanger design for you. That's just one of several products we offer. If you want more information request free samples at www.adeasprinting.com/freesamples or go to www.adeasprinting.com/doorhangers and see if there are any other options that may interest you. Hope this helps. Thanks Glenda. [email]Glenda@adeasprinting.com 866-778-4254
Old 03-04-2014, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm planning to order the special deal from Adeas Printing for 5,000 door hangers in the next week or so. Never tried that method before...look forward to good results!

Last year I went cheap and threw out my business card in a sandwich plastic bag with a rock in it so the wind wouldn't blow it. I actually got several calls out of it and it more than paid for itself.

3 summers ago I printed out a bunch of full color very nice flyers and put them on mailboxes. I got very few calls, but one call I did get was from the postmaster telling me I can't do that or I could get fined next time, so I won't do that again!

Craigslist gets some customers (lots of them are looking for the cheapest price, but there are some really good ones I have gotten from there.) Tried yellow pages for three months last year, and I got 2-3 calls a month, but just can't really justify the price to use it again. Getting website listed on the Google local thing or whatever it's called, that always gets me several calls at the start of every season and then a handful throughout the summer. Ran a classified ad at some newspapers last summer. Got a couple calls from that, so it more than paid for itself. I will be doing that again, and I may put a larger ad in my local newspaper as well to give it a shot this summer.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I have used door hangers in the past and the usual 1-2% is what I experienced. Worth it in the end because those customers have been with me for years now and have allowed me to open up and expand in one of the nicest subdivisions in my town. I have printed my own in the past and they looked "ok". That deal above for $79 sounds like a pretty good deal. I don't think that sandwich bags, rocks, and a business card could be done for less.

16' Doolittle: custom made line spool mount, custom blower mount, custom gate assist.

48" eXmark TT HP 17hp Kaw
54" John Deere walk-behind: first mower and still runs strong! SOLD
60" eXmark TT HP 20hp Kohler

STIHL: FS90R, Edger, MS290 Farm Boss, MS440 w/30" bar, blower/shredder vac, back pack blower.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It shocks me no one ever says a full truck? Trailer wrap.
It puts you in front of 10000 people a week , atleast get a vinyl name and number.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2014, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
It shocks me no one ever says a full truck? Trailer wrap.
It puts you in front of 10000 people a week , atleast get a vinyl name and number.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree. With most types of advertising, after you stop pouring money into it, it'll instantly stop being effective. However, your name and number plastered on your vehicles is a lasting investment.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatLandscape View Post
I agree. With most types of advertising, after you stop pouring money into it, it'll instantly stop being effective. However, your name and number plastered on your vehicles is a lasting investment.
Plus if they see you parked in front of a job and working they can see the results of your work while knowing what company to call for the same amazing work!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Having a website that ranks well has been the best investment for me.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Door to door with flyers (if allowed in your area). Especially if you are just starting out, it worked great for me.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC Lawn Care View Post
Door to door with flyers (if allowed in your area). Especially if you are just starting out, it worked great for me.
I have been thinking of doing this as well. This will be my 2nd year in the business and I'm only 17. I was think about just using my business cards to pass out as I went door to door. Do you think that will be effective? How many houses would you hit?
Posted via Mobile Device