Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2014, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Lawn Care Millionaire

I'm going to take a minute and assume that a good portion of people on here have checked out the "Lawn Care Millionaire" Youtube channel. Let me say that if you haven't you need to!

I don't know much about Mr. Potoschnik but I love the level of professionalism that he brings to the lawn care field. He speaks with a certain level of confidence, but isn't arrogant. One video in particular he addresses the fears and anxiety about starting a business and in doing so is quite motivating. He also changes one's mindset from "I'm going to just mow some yards and make some cash" to "I'm going to start a highly successful company."

If anyone else out there knows a good youtube channel or podcast let me know. I'd like to say kudos to Mr. Potoschnik for a job well done.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have watched a few of the videos as well. Definitely worth the time. I also watch the Stewcare Mowing Pains series, mainly because I'm a Grasshopper fan lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-06-2014, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I watched some of his videos. I think some of his ideas are good, but I also noticed he doesn't practice what he preaches.

In 1 video, he mentioned how he will never give customers discounts. He mentioned all the bad things about discounts, then said no LCO should offer them. Yet on his website, he wants customers to sign up for his newsletter, and signing up can get them discounts. Not only did it say discounts, it had it in capital letters to lure your eyes to it.

He's trying to find a niche (which I think he has) and sell his products to new LCO's. His brother is doing the same thing. His only claim to fame in the green industry is his company and service autopilot. Google Marty Grunder, read about his achievements and your jaw will hit the floor.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I've seen that video the video that discusses discounts, but I'm not sure of the date. Some of his videos are 3-4 years old and as times change so do opinions.

As for Marty Grunder - what has he done? I looked him up and he appears to be very successful. Is there anything in particular that he's done aside from a big successful company?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolclay84 View Post
I've seen that video the video that discusses discounts, but I'm not sure of the date. Some of his videos are 3-4 years old and as times change so do opinions.

As for Marty Grunder - what has he done? I looked him up and he appears to be very successful. Is there anything in particular that he's done aside from a big successful company?
I have the pleasure of knowing Marty personally, and have learned a lot from him.

When we was 14 he suited walmart (and won) for not paying him for lawn service it made the news (tv)

Marty is a marketing and motivation consultant and you'd need to google further and check to books he has authored.

One of the things that is unique about Marty and attributes to the success of his companies his how he treated people, specifically his employees.

there are no 'dumb *****' , 'leeches' , or people not worth paying more than $12/hr.

the way people on this site talk about employees is the EXACT opposite of how Marty treats everyone of his, from day one.

One of his most amazing feats is, his record of employee longevity, combined with the financial success of his company. And they all get paid very well.
This is in exact contrast, again, to all the vaunted claims by all the 'experts' on here that say you can't make it rich paying employees well, and none of them can do a good enough job….

Maybe Marty has stolen all the good employees anywhere in the US and migrated them to his shop?
But I doubt it.

Marty, his way of thinking, and doing things, manufactures good employees.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolclay84 View Post
I'm going to take a minute and assume that a good portion of people on here have checked out the "Lawn Care Millionaire" Youtube channel. Let me say that if you haven't you need to!

I don't know much about Mr. Potoschnik but I love the level of professionalism that he brings to the lawn care field. He speaks with a certain level of confidence, but isn't arrogant. One video in particular he addresses the fears and anxiety about starting a business and in doing so is quite motivating. He also changes one's mindset from "I'm going to just mow some yards and make some cash" to "I'm going to start a highly successful company."

If anyone else out there knows a good youtube channel or podcast let me know. I'd like to say kudos to Mr. Potoschnik for a job well done.
He's an internet marketer. That's what they do. Just like Sean Adams.

He owns service autopilot
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2014, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
He's an internet marketer. That's what they do. Just like Sean Adams.

He owns service autopilot
Posted via Mobile Device
Whiffyspark, I am not an internet marketer. I certainly use the internet to do what I do, but you are implying that I am not a professional in this industry with a lengthy history of owning businesses, LawnSite, PlowSite, etc...
Old 04-12-2014, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No sense in stating my opinion because it will just get deleted.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2014, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I have no control over what gets deleted or what remains on the site. You are welcome to state whatever you please. If it is inaccurate or libelous, then of course I will insist that it be removed. Anyone should have that right. If I came on this site or any site and stated that you were inept, incompetent, run an illegal business or something along those lines with the intent to harm your reputation knowing the information is false, then it shouldn't see the light of day.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
No sense in stating my opinion because it will just get deleted.
Posted via Mobile Device
whats your beef with this guy? seems like a decent person with success. kudos to him