Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2014, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, they make one for it. Ridin Green posted it a few weeks back. I cant remember in which thread.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have the one made for the 900 series. It is just like the one for the 997, which the guy in this thread installed-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...88&postcount=6

Here's mine. It makes a huge difference. I don't like JD's full suspension seat either. It is way too hard. the OEM seat and the kit make for a pretty decent ride-
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2014, 04:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I have the one made for the 900 series. It is just like the one for the 997, which the guy in this thread installed-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...88&postcount=6

Here's mine. It makes a huge difference. I don't like JD's full suspension seat either. It is way too hard. the OEM seat and the kit make for a pretty decent ride-
Im thinking the seat platform is a bit different on the 930m than on your 950A.not completely sure. I should be able to make something work.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:04 AM
LawnSite Member

This is the kit I installed on my 997. I can't believe the difference it made, huge improvement on comfort going over my bumpy yard.....

How can I post more than one picture per reply from iPad??
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Here it is out of the box...
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2014, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Growin & Mowin-

your kit is identical to mine other than the mounting hardware and bolt locations.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb007 View Post
Im thinking the seat platform is a bit different on the 930m than on your 950A.not completely sure. I should be able to make something work.
They should be identical. The M models I looked at were when comparing them to some NOS A models late last year at a local dealership. I was specifically looking at the seat pans. The pan for the M or R models that come with the factory suspension seat are different though.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Ridin'.... Did your kit come with the black sheet metal thingy in top left of my picture? I didn't see anywhere that would go on my 997, what is that piece for?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growin' & Mowin' View Post
Ridin'.... Did your kit come with the black sheet metal thingy in top left of my picture? I didn't see anywhere that would go on my 997, what is that piece for?
Nope, I didn't get that one, but I did get a lot of extra doodads that I didn't need. These kits are kind of a one size fits all type deal, and they have extra parts to make them work for variations in model productions, or different models altogether. Like I said before though, your kit is slightly different than mine anyway due to yours being the 997. That thing may just be a piece for an earlier run of 997 than you have.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Nope, I didn't get that one, but I did get a lot of extra doodads that I didn't need. These kits are kind of a one size fits all type deal, and they have extra parts to make them work for variations in model productions, or different models altogether. Like I said before though, your kit is slightly different than mine anyway due to yours being the 997. That thing may just be a piece for an earlier run of 997 than you have.
The one im getting I think has the ISO rubber mounts under it.Im not sure how that will effect the fit of the insert.Did these kits raise the height of the seat very much? I was told they really raise you up in the air but from the pics it doesn't apper to.I did measure the seat holes they are aprox 11 inches wide and 11 inches deep.