Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have no experience with the isolator kit other than looking at them, but the suspension insert kit will raise the seat height by approx 2.5". I can tell a difference in COG on sidehills as far as holding a hill goes, but it isn't enough to cause any concern.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I personally like the slight rise in seat height on my 997. More comfortable ride for back and legs are at a more comfortable height. Doesn't feel like I'm sitting in a hole. I can also see the drive tires easier which I like. I'm 5'11" and I didn't use or like the control handle height spacers or whatever their called. My whole property is a hill with some steeper then others and I didn't notice any difference on COG. Granted the 997 is a heavy machine.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I like the slightly higher ride height too. Far more than enough to offset the difference in feel, which is very minor, but something I can feel.

You may not get the feeling that you are more tippy/top heavy, but if you get going across a hill at any speed and hit a bump, especially if it is slightly damp, you may notice a slight inclination to crab/slide/drift downhill when hitting bumps from the higher COG now on the lean, which shifts your weight to the downhill side a little more.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Which 7 iron deck cuts the best 54 0r 60? I know the discharge chute on the 60 is a lot wider than the 54 if my memory is correct almost 5 inches different.Anyone use both sizes?
Old 04-22-2014, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Most guys with 54's say they cut great, but I have read more than once the 48" is not quite a s good. The 60" does really well, and if I had to cut a lot of tall or wet grass, I wouldn't look twice at the 54".

You are right about the chute openings. It is a lot larger on the 60". I just pointed that out to a salesman at a JD dealership a few weeks ago. He didn't seem to be aware of that until I showed him.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at going back to Deere with the 930m with a 60" mod deck any feedback on this? Currently we are using Ferris mowers
Old 04-23-2014, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Love my new 930M with the 60" regular PRO deck. I didn't need the MOD deck. Also, good luck with the suspension addition. I went to several dealers and they all told me it would not work with the 930M seat. No one could tell me exactly why though. I ended up getting the full suspension seat and I really like it.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONO2 View Post
Love my new 930M with the 60" regular PRO deck. I didn't need the MOD deck. Also, good luck with the suspension addition. I went to several dealers and they all told me it would not work with the 930M seat. No one could tell me exactly why though. I ended up getting the full suspension seat and I really like it.
That's why they tell you that. To sell the full seat. The insert kit will work with the stock seat, but not on a machine that comes with the factory suspension seat since the pan is different.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Lawns Inc. View Post
I'm looking at going back to Deere with the 930m with a 60" mod deck any feedback on this? Currently we are using Ferris mowers
IMO, you are a lot better off with the std deck. I have a MOD deck and greatly prefer the std Pro deck. Mostly though, it depends on your circumstances/properties.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
IMO, you are a lot better off with the std deck. I have a MOD deck and greatly prefer the std Pro deck. Mostly though, it depends on your circumstances/properties.
Thanks for the feedback