Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-16-2014, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Guilty pleasure

One of my favorite things is Sunday morning Power Nation on Spike tv. The reason I am posting this is the Truck Tech portion is working on a custom Isuzu hauler. I know how many guys on here love Isuzu cabovers and dream of making them into lawnscape trailers. They are totally tearing it down so you can see the inner workings. They are converting it a 4wd hauler for their rock crawler. Today they stated putting a F350 front axle assembly in. They have built some truly amazing machines on these shows. The hosts are talented and clearly explain why things need to be done the way they do. I know some guys say it's just to hawk parts sales, but they are showing you who makes what parts and what they cost for these projects. They also make a great point of showing you how the right tool makes the job go so much easier. It takes me back to my younger years spent putting big v8 engines into light weight cars. There wasn't a lot of parts available for custom swaps like today. You made what nobody else did. Does anybody else share my like of this collection of shows? Sunday mornings have always been my wind down and life time. Nothing better than a good pot of coffee and breakfast hot off the grill with some good tv. My son also loves these shows and I get to spend some quality time with him talking about what I did as a kid.