Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-08-2014, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sites of multiple towns

I am not real techy so bare with me. I want to appear to be a more local company to customers in multiple towns. I have seen companies that have different sites or at least different landing pages for the different towns they serve.

I am thinking this would also be huge as far as SEO goes.

Does anybody know much about this?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC1 View Post
I am not real techy so bare with me. I want to appear to be a more local company to customers in multiple towns. I have seen companies that have different sites or at least different landing pages for the different towns they serve.

this used to be done with different telephone numbers, you would look up a phone number for a company you wanted service from and they had a number "local" to you.
An example in CT is I used to have a fairfield number, a bridgeport number, a danbury number, a litchfield number, a westchester and white plains number…. etc etc

If this was something the yellow pages did 15 years ago, Im sure there is a way to replicate this internet wise…however the internet is more brad than local phone numbers. So Id think it would really take someone who knows what they are doing.

There's programs that read your IP address where you are searching from and they read it like an area code…so when I go on something they know Im connecting the internet from wasilla ak.

Im sure you could have your website programmed this way, to recognize the region where the surfer is connecting from, and then direct them to the page of their site most local to their point of connection…

This is going to take an IT guy, not a lawn guy….there are so many people out there with small businesses of their own that do this kind of thing. I'm sure you can readily find a dude. (or dudette)
Old 03-09-2014, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC1 View Post

Not techy either, but can share my experience.

The last two companies we acquired were from a different city and a outlying town to our main service area. Our IT company redirected their old website to a new landing page that was branded with both logos and had a welcome letter explaining our services. They can then navigate the site like any existing customer would.

Seems to be working fine - at least little to no push-back from any of the newly acquired customers...
Old 03-09-2014, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can't get that out of a site. It guy or not. I would live for someone to build it, say here it is, let me check it out then pay the man but I can't find a IT guy able to build it.
Posted via Mobile Device