Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Keene Landscaping Keene Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 50
Business Plans

Hey guys I have searched countless sites to find some decent business plans for companies just starting out or that have been around awhile. Thought this might be a good thread to post your business plans so others can view them when putting together their own.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:55 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 9,473
My plan has alaways been to stay Debt Free!

And to make peoples yards look real nice.

Its worked so far, going on 7 years.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:56 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 4,614
No two business plans are going to be alike. I use live plan. My business plan is probably 50-60 pages long.

No I'm not posting it. Probably 90% of people on here think it is pointless
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:26 PM
TPendagast's Avatar
TPendagast TPendagast is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 3,056
using someone else's business plan would be like asking what someone else charges per hour, and then charging that.

it doesn't really fit. Like used underware, you don't want someone else's.

One of the major things you buy, when you buy into a franchise, is their business plan/model.

It's not something your can troll the internet for and get for free.

Consultants get paid stupid money to build you one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:52 PM
Kelly's Landscaping's Avatar
Kelly's Landscaping Kelly's Landscaping is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Milford CT
Posts: 3,653
On the surface it sounded like a good question when I read it 3 days ago. Then I thought about it and realized I wasn't going to share mine. It seems most everyone else came to the same conclusion. Kind of like the can I see your contract threads. I got way to many hours into mine to just give it away.
__________________
http://kellyslandscaping.org/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:26 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
On the surface it sounded like a good question when I read it 3 days ago. Then I thought about it and realized I wasn't going to share mine. It seems most everyone else came to the same conclusion. Kind of like the can I see your contract threads. I got way to many hours into mine to just give it away.
That and mine has financial projections and everything. I have purchases planned 4 years out lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:44 AM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 9,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
No two business plans are going to be alike. I use live plan. My business plan is probably 50-60 pages long.

No I'm not posting it. Probably 90% of people on here think it is pointless
Posted via Mobile Device
It would be a good idea to have a well detailed plan. Id also consider having a Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, and even a Plan D. Even with that Id have to wing it because for me nothing ever happens according to my plans.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:45 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
It would be a good idea to have a well detailed plan. Id also consider having a Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, and even a Plan D. Even with that Id have to wing it because for me nothing ever happens according to my plans.
I has to have a plan for a grant I am receiving. I'll agree nothing EVER goes by plan lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:48 AM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 9,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
I has to have a plan for a grant I am receiving. I'll agree nothing EVER goes by plan lol
Posted via Mobile Device
That's a good plan.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:56 AM
grassmonkey0311's Avatar
grassmonkey0311 grassmonkey0311 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD/NC
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
No two business plans are going to be alike. I use live plan. My business plan is probably 50-60 pages long.

No I'm not posting it. Probably 90% of people on here think it is pointless
Posted via Mobile Device
Can you post your plan? I want to expand into the chesapeake beach area.

All of us spent a good while coming up with our plans only to share them on an open forum where my neighbor can see how I run my business isn't too smart.

Like Shark Tank: "And for that reason, I'm out".
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
business , information , newbie , plan , plans

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 AM.

Page generated in 0.10279 seconds with 7 queries