Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-2014, 01:44 AM
SummitLawns SummitLawns is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 23
Service Autopilot vs. Hindsite Software

Does anyone have any experience with one over the other? We are bursting at the seams in growth. Myself and my staff severely need help staying organized and on top of leads, billing, job costing, etc. I want to optimize our routes and scheduling as well.

When you chose a software for your company:

- What has your experience been learning the software you chose?
- How long did it take to integrate into everyday use?
- Do you still use QuickBooks for your financial records?
- Has it helped resolved the issues that you originally were looking for?
- Did it fix issues that you didn't even consider?
- Did it replace using route sheets for each crew, and is there a way for each crew to see specific directions for each property from their mobile device?


Service Autopilot is tremendously less expensive, and it also claims to resolve and have solutions for all the concerns that I would like to address. However, I would like to hear any experience people have with either software before I make a decision.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-11-2014, 08:17 PM
cbservicesllc cbservicesllc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitLawns View Post
Does anyone have any experience with one over the other? We are bursting at the seams in growth. Myself and my staff severely need help staying organized and on top of leads, billing, job costing, etc. I want to optimize our routes and scheduling as well.

When you chose a software for your company:

- What has your experience been learning the software you chose?
- How long did it take to integrate into everyday use?
- Do you still use QuickBooks for your financial records?
- Has it helped resolved the issues that you originally were looking for?
- Did it fix issues that you didn't even consider?
- Did it replace using route sheets for each crew, and is there a way for each crew to see specific directions for each property from their mobile device?


Service Autopilot is tremendously less expensive, and it also claims to resolve and have solutions for all the concerns that I would like to address. However, I would like to hear any experience people have with either software before I make a decision.

Thanks
I use SAP... it makes some things pretty slick for scheduling and billing. I am disappointed with their customer service and missed deadlines for new features. For example, I set up hourly equipment for snow removal in their system only to find out that feature won't work until the new dedicated mobile app is put out (which was supposed to be out over a year ago).

Another thing they claimed was being able to see where all your crews are at in real time. Yes and no... having the guys use their phone or tablet works great and it tracks time pretty well; so I can see when they're on a job or driving, but I can't see on a map where they are at...

I am looking at Hindsite currently and a couple other providers...
__________________
Ford Trucks
Exmark Mowers
Echo Power Equipment
The less fun hand stuff...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-2014, 12:07 AM
SummitLawns SummitLawns is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 23
So you can't see where they are at on a map in real time but you can see when they clock in and out of each job as it occurs, correct?

Also, what is the dedicated mobile app you were referring to?

They always talk about how they update so frequently, so I can't tell what they currently provide and what they plan to have available as an update in the future. Because I get that they have big plans for what this will be capable of doing but I want to know what it can do right now today.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 AM
TPendagast's Avatar
TPendagast TPendagast is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 3,851
look into CLIP (web based cloud software Clipitc is free for 100 customers or less)

Ive never seen Hindsite. SAP, In my opinion is a good idea that hasn't executed… maybe they bit off more than they could chew?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 AM
SummitLawns SummitLawns is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 23
I think I looked at CLIP a year or so back and their interface was just not up to par from what I remember.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2014, 02:27 AM
cbservicesllc cbservicesllc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitLawns View Post
So you can't see where they are at on a map in real time but you can see when they clock in and out of each job as it occurs, correct?

Also, what is the dedicated mobile app you were referring to?

They always talk about how they update so frequently, so I can't tell what they currently provide and what they plan to have available as an update in the future. Because I get that they have big plans for what this will be capable of doing but I want to know what it can do right now today.
Posted via Mobile Device
No, you cannot see on a map where the crew is. The dispatch board lists icons for the jobs as scheduled, in progress, complete, or skipped; so from there you can infer to where the crew is at. Using it as a mobile office from a tablet is a little clumsy to view your dispatch board though.

They are rolling out a dedicated mobile app someday that should add some capability and hold your routes and data if you lose signal until you regain signal.

They do update frequently, but mostly for bug repairs and enhancements. A lot of the things you see as coming soon have been promised since I started with them over a year ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
look into CLIP (web based cloud software Clipitc is free for 100 customers or less)

Ive never seen Hindsite. SAP, In my opinion is a good idea that hasn't executed… maybe they bit off more than they could chew?
I would call that a fair and accurate statement
__________________
Ford Trucks
Exmark Mowers
Echo Power Equipment
The less fun hand stuff...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-2014, 03:50 AM
SummitLawns SummitLawns is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 23
Fair enough. Thanks for your opinion and experience so far. What do you think about its Customer Relationship Management? If a crew member sees a problem out in the lawn, is it easily recordable and easy to access in the future?

And do you use their customer portal for online bill pay?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 AM
rudisfarm rudisfarm is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 11
We use SAP, mostly happy with it. They do frequent updates. Sometimes changing things over which means you need to adjust to their changes as they go.

Mobile interface is limited compared to desktop version. But if something in the field happens or you get a call you can quickly enter into system and then follow up. Point is, you still have to take the time to enter it which can be the number one challenge sometimes.

SAP creates a new full time position within your operation if you want to utilize its full capability. It is super complex. I like their vision to provide a fully fledged system for almost all your business needs.

Their customer support started to slip lately. Yes, all in all they've probably chewed off a bit too much. But as a growing business come more challenges. What counts is they are putting efforts in to make the system better and working towards their advertised claims.

We have the client portal included and it works great. Saves you tons of time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 PM
zimmatic zimmatic is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 400
We use hindsite. I have made several comments on it. IMO the customer service is pretty good. I would go with hindsite. We will be using the verizon tablets this year so work order reporting in the office is instant and will allow the system to automatically send out emails for start, stop, reminders etc to clients about the work orders. There is alot of other items to discuss, I would talk to HS and look into the constant contact module for HS. We are using it for e-newsletters now but ramp up fully to use it when we start in the spring.
I used clip and qxpress, but I dumped them mainly for support reasons. HS is a local company here and the support is good.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM
cbservicesllc cbservicesllc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmatic View Post
We use hindsite. I have made several comments on it. IMO the customer service is pretty good. I would go with hindsite. We will be using the verizon tablets this year so work order reporting in the office is instant and will allow the system to automatically send out emails for start, stop, reminders etc to clients about the work orders. There is alot of other items to discuss, I would talk to HS and look into the constant contact module for HS. We are using it for e-newsletters now but ramp up fully to use it when we start in the spring.
I used clip and qxpress, but I dumped them mainly for support reasons. HS is a local company here and the support is good.
Good to hear from another local guy... this is why I might go with them... Worst case scenario I could drive over to St. Paul!

Can the system do the emails for start, stop, and reminders without the constant contact; or is that required?

How long have you been using Hindsite?
__________________
Ford Trucks
Exmark Mowers
Echo Power Equipment
The less fun hand stuff...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
billing , invoicing , scheduling , software

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Page generated in 0.08127 seconds with 7 queries