Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie3388 View Post
The deere feels nice and roomy, the scag is a little tighter. Just want to make sure the deere is a quality mower with a good quality of cut that's why I am trying them all.
Posted via Mobile Device
7 iron cut is one of the best.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2014, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

You could just pay some one to cut your lawn for $80 a pop for 6 years and not have to ever get on a mower. Come on guys your suppose to be salesman haha. Just kidding.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2014, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie3388 View Post
The deere feels nice and roomy, the scag is a little tighter. Just want to make sure the deere is a quality mower with a good quality of cut that's why I am trying them all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Put the suspension seat or the suspension insert kit under the standard seat of the Deere, and you will never be sorry. They are well made machines, and the 7 Iron's cut is second to none.

Like I said before in this thread, I run a Z950A, but you really should take a look at the Gravely's with a serious eye. They are excellent mowers and will almost assuredly be my next mower, most likely a 460. The company treats their customers like all companies should, but rarely do.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You really shouldn't bag your lawn, side discharge it and double cut it if it needs it. It'll look awesome I promise
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2014, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Put the suspension seat or the suspension insert kit under the standard seat of the Deere, and you will never be sorry. They are well made machines, and the 7 Iron's cut is second to none.

Like I said before in this thread, I run a Z950A, but you really should take a look at the Gravely's with a serious eye. They are excellent mowers and will almost assuredly be my next mower, most likely a 460. The company treats their customers like all companies should, but rarely do.
Just wondering why you would go to the gravely next if you like JD? I only have a very small gravely dealership near me, I drove the 460 pro turn and it was nice but gravely is not big in MA. Right now I am struggling between Scag tigercat $11,300 for the 52 inch with bagging system or the JD z920m with bagging system for $ 10,000...........really need to make sure I invest on the right mower

Old 04-06-2014, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Gravely is awesome. You can get 460 with bagger for price of Deere or close. They both cut awesome and leave a nice cut

I don't care for scag. We have tall fescue and not impressed by their deck

exmark is king here
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2014, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I like JD machines very much, and you can not beat their deck for design and QOC, but I don't like the way the company runs things anymore.

I like the fact that for the same money as a JD, Gravely gives you the air ride seat and and several other nice features that are either non existent on a JD or an extra for big bucks.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Gravely is awesome. You can get 460 with bagger for price of Deere or close. They both cut awesome and leave a nice cut

I don't care for scag. We have tall fescue and not impressed by their deck

exmark is king here
Posted via Mobile Device
Not here. The base machines are very closely priced. Baggers are a big extra for either.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

So between the 3 JD z920m, scag tigercat, and the gravely pro turn 452 knowing I need to bag with all three......what would u recommend ?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The JD's are excellent machines like I said. I just hate the company anymore.

If at all possible, I recommend demo'ing anything before buying, on the property it will be used on. If that is out, it would be between the Gravely and the JD for me. The only Scag that fits me great is the TT, which is a great machine (and I came within a few minutes of buying one when Ii bought my Z950).

Dealer support is very important too. You get more base options with the Gravely, but either will make you very happy. I still put the 7 Iron slightly ahead of the Gravel deck in wet conditions, but it isn't by much.

I can give my opinion based off experience, but I would hate for anyone to buy a new mower based solely off what I post here. Please try to demo them both, and during the spring rush growth timeframe if possible.