Caterpillar Boots 3 4.23%
Stihl Lawngrips Boots 3 4.23%
Georgia Boots 3 4.23%
Red Wing Boots 22 30.99%
Other 33 46.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2014, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Just bought a pair of Danners - cordura - gore-tex. Will see how those last. Very lightweight & comfortable. 6 inch.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2014, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Brama Steel Toe (Walmart) I've always gotten good wear from these boots, and their inexpensive.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Most Durable Boots

Michelin brand Sledge boots are the absolute best boots I have ever had. The tread is auto tire tough and tough leather.

I have only used the non-waterproof version because I've not worn out the 6 pair of Michelin Sledge boots I've purchased since 2006 and am still on the 3rd pair.

I most recently came from working in the steel manufacturing industry, very hot/very cold, welding, sharp edges, used indoor/out, stomping with the arch, oil, mud, etc, so they have been through heavy abuse. I have even hiked in the mountains in them.

The steel plant was hard enough we had high turn-over on average of 1 guy/wk. Every other boot I owned lasted 6 months to 1 year at most.

The steel company allowed 6mos - 1yr boot allowances so I picked up 6 pair of Michelins 5 years and after 8.5yrs still have 3 pair to go and the landscape/yard care industry puts less wear on my boots.

There are 2 things I don't like about my model Michelins: 1: non-waterproof so I treat them. 2: Aggressive tread holds mud and dirt so I have to try not to track debris into homes.

Spring 2014 I picked up a waterproof Ariat boot with a smooth sole and it has been comfortable but the leather and sole is already wearing out and I have been switching back and forth with the Michelin so, I will not buy another Ariat but my next purchase WILL get a W.P. Michelin.

I'm 41 years old and have been wearing steel toe boots for about 19 years and have tried many boots.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wear size 17. I wear whatever fits that's reasonably comfortable. I can walk into any foot locker and ask what they have in 17. They say they don't carry over 15. It's fun.