Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-04-2014, 03:04 PM
S-205's Avatar
S-205 S-205 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,198
Thanks! I actually bought it in Chicago, its has 49k on it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Mark13 Mark13 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern, IL
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-205 View Post
I just picked up a 2003 7.3, so far I have only done a AFE PG7 filter, and 4" Diamond Eye Stainless turbo back. And I just put in Energy Suspension sway bar bushings because of an awful knock.

Looking at getting an SCT flash tuner and DP custom tunes, first I have to add a leaf the front and put 350 blocks in the rear.
For tunes, Look at getting tunes from Matt at Gearhead. Several friends have run DP in the past on their 7.3's and after various problems have switched to Matt's tunes. Night and day difference.

TS Style chip with a wide variety of options.
__________________
06 Chevy 2500
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-05-2014, 09:24 AM
S-205's Avatar
S-205 S-205 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark13 View Post
For tunes, Look at getting tunes from Matt at Gearhead. Several friends have run DP in the past on their 7.3's and after various problems have switched to Matt's tunes. Night and day difference.

TS Style chip with a wide variety of options.
I'll definitely look into that! Do you know what kinds of issues they had with the DP tunes?

How's your truck running Mark?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Mark13 Mark13 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern, IL
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-205 View Post
I'll definitely look into that! Do you know what kinds of issues they had with the DP tunes?

How's your truck running Mark?
Posted via Mobile Device
I can't speak for all of them but I knew a couple were kinda smokey and switching tunes really changed how the truck drove. With the gear head tunes they say the smoke is pretty much gone even under WOT (some of them are manual trucks as well), also the truck is very smooth no matter what tune you are running.


Mine is doing pretty well, got it switched back over to summer mode the other day and been towing my gooseneck around. I have to put my L tank back in once the paint on it dries and switch my wheels/tires and I'm ready for nice weather.
__________________
06 Chevy 2500
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-12-2014, 12:58 PM
igotdiesel2 igotdiesel2 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 134
I am the oddest person in the the diesel world. I had a 2001 Dodge 2500 QC 4X4 short box from 2001 to 2011. The only mods to that truck was muffler delete and a custom open air intake. Now I have a E1999 F250 CC 4X4 short box and the only mods I have done to that truck is 4" Diamond Eyes turbo back no muffler exhaust and a AIS intake. I have also changed the rims and tires and put a soft cover over the bed. -Jason
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-12-2014, 02:42 PM
gallihergreen's Avatar
gallihergreen gallihergreen is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Research Triangle, NC
Posts: 3,609
I have a LML Duramax, only thing I've done to it so far was fill it up with fuel the other day.
__________________
Chris

“We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

The people in Ferguson aren't looters, they're undocumented shoppers!

"Treat employees like they make a difference and they will." - Jim Goodnight


Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-12-2014, 10:21 PM
S-205's Avatar
S-205 S-205 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotdiesel2 View Post
I am the oddest person in the the diesel world. I had a 2001 Dodge 2500 QC 4X4 short box from 2001 to 2011. The only mods to that truck was muffler delete and a custom open air intake. Now I have a E1999 F250 CC 4X4 short box and the only mods I have done to that truck is 4" Diamond Eyes turbo back no muffler exhaust and a AIS intake. I have also changed the rims and tires and put a soft cover over the bed. -Jason
What size and kind of tires did you do?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-12-2014, 11:48 PM
Grant11 Grant11 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Villa Hills, KY
Posts: 203
2001 6 Speed Cummins Edge Comp, BHAF, 4" MBRP, 150 Horse Sticks, Raptor lift pump, Southbend Dual Disc Clutch.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Stihl, Exmark, Cummins
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-17-2014, 04:27 AM
precision8m's Avatar
precision8m precision8m is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 233
This is my kinda thread. Love me some diesel performance. For starters, my 2000 cummins has an edge comp, 100hp injectors, DD clutch 5 speed, exhaust brake, and 4" exhaust. My 96 cummins has all the normal free afc work, timing advanced, and a 5" exhaust; the auto trans has already been built to handle 700hp so I have injectors, studs, and compounds planned for it this summer - s475 over stocker. The 99 7.3 6 speed has been stock up to this point, but a superchips flashpaq is en route. I'm hoping that turns the truck on; it's a dog right now.

Anyone know of anyway to get some performance out of my 5.2l isuzu???
__________________
2005 Isuzu NPR turbo diesel 16' box
2000 Ram 2500 24 valve CTD
1996 Ram 2500 12 valve CTD
1999 F350 7.3 PSD flatbed
20' enclosed, 16' open, 14' dump
3 Walker MT's 48", Toro Z500 60",
Toro proline 48", Dixon ZTR 42"
Stihl small equipment
SC licensed pesticide applicator
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-17-2014, 07:50 AM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by precision8m View Post
This is my kinda thread. Love me some diesel performance. For starters, my 2000 cummins has an edge comp, 100hp injectors, DD clutch 5 speed, exhaust brake, and 4" exhaust. My 96 cummins has all the normal free afc work, timing advanced, and a 5" exhaust; the auto trans has already been built to handle 700hp so I have injectors, studs, and compounds planned for it this summer - s475 over stocker. The 99 7.3 6 speed has been stock up to this point, but a superchips flashpaq is en route. I'm hoping that turns the truck on; it's a dog right now.

Anyone know of anyway to get some performance out of my 5.2l isuzu???
Ya add fuel and air hahahahha I would imagine there are programmers for them somewhere assuming it is electronic injection.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.07594 seconds with 8 queries