Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-18-2014, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Homesteader herculise enclosed trailer ?

Homesteader herculise enclosed trailer what do you think of them? What is the good bad and the ugly
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a 714HT since '02 and have been more than pleased with it. However, and this is why I was a little hesitant to comment, my use was not for anything remotely involving the lawn care industry. I used it for a seasonal food catering business, usually for 5-7 days at a time x 8-10 events per season, for area fairs & festivals, and it was probably routinely close to being, if not actually, overweight.

I went with Homesteader because I found the Hercules to be as well constructed as any other brand and priced below those other brands. Although, in all honesty, my dealer screwed up by at least $800 when he gave me a quote. To his credit, even after he realized it, he made no attempt to renegotiate the deal, and sucked up his mistake. Even at $800 more, the trailer would have still been about that much less than what Haulmark or Wells Cargo wanted. But what really sold me was the rear ramp option did not reduce the height of opening. Maybe not an issue if only driving ZTRs in and out, but when you're carrying stuff, having to continually bend over even 4"-6" could be literally be a pain in the back.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good thread Bird. I have been researching enclosed trailers and the prices really vary. Some trailers have support systems 16" on center but most are 24" on center. I think I prefer the rounded roof vs the flat roof. I prefer the added interior height some brands offer. I need the side door as well as the rear ramp and tires also seem to vary brand to brand. Good luck with your choice. I am leaning towards 14' to 16' Haulmarks.