The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2014, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

anybody know anything about Diamond cargo

Thank you for your help
Old 03-24-2014, 06:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have had some issues with the side door coming open when traveling down the road. I don't typically lock the deadbolt, but have had to stop a few times when it is windy to lock the deadbolt portion of the latch in order to keep the door closed. Not a big deal, just a small inconvenience. Caulk on the exterior of the trailer is coming loose in some areas, but I think you will have that with most trailers due to the road abuse that they see. If every road were smooth and flat it would most likely not be an issue.
Western 8.5 MVP
Dodge 2500 V10
JD X485 AWS
JD X729 4x4WS
JD X739 4x4WS
Z550 60" TF
Toro PP 21
JDX26
Echo/Stihl/Husqvarna
Old 04-07-2014, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

For those of you that have diamond cargo trailers, did you buy them factory direct or from a dealer?

I have a place in town that sells them, I'm going to check their price on them vs factory direct tomorrow. I figured if it's only a few hundred more to buy from the local I would go with them in case anything needs warranty work.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine. Went down to their plant in Douglas, GA last September to pick it up. 8.5x20 w/ v nose. Upgraded to Radial tires, LED's on the exterior, cabinets in the front, white vinyl ceiling, white vinyl walls, extra d rings on the floor and some on the wall also. I'm sure theres a few others I'm forgetting. It's held up great. Now that spring is pretty much here, I plan to install a roll on bedliner on the floor this week.

Very nice people there. Loved the area and how warm it was, 95 & humid back in Sept, the temp back at home was half that!

I'd highly recommend them. Another thing for those that live in the northern climate, beware of the seamless exteriors, with the temperature extremes they can split, that's why I just went with the normal sheet metal sides. Planning on getting graphics on mine in the next couple weeks also as soon as my graphics guy can get going on the design.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2014, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks jc, I heard that about the smooth siding too.

For your Bedliner, if you haven't got it yet, check out u-pol raptor. I've used it in trucks and jeeps, stuff is amazing and doesn't get nasty like herculiner. Looks just like line-x when you're done.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2014, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm checking out their website, how much square footage does their kit cover?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2014, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my Diamond trailer delivered last week. Very pleased with it other than a few minor issues. Be sure to upgrade to the 5200lb axles. Be sure to find out who can perform the warranty work in your area unless you plan to take it back to the plant.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&B LAWN View Post
I just got my Diamond trailer delivered last week. Very pleased with it other than a few minor issues. Be sure to upgrade to the 5200lb axles. Be sure to find out who can perform the warranty work in your area unless you plan to take it back to the plant.
What were the issues?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2014, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
I'm checking out their website, how much square footage does their kit cover?
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not sure on the square footage they claim, but I've done three different trucks and use three of the four bottles on each truck, and that's with a normal coat and then a really heavy coat. I did a friends truck with a 12' utility bed and it used five bottles doing three heavy coats, that had to have been a good 150 sq foot. The stuff is really nice though, doesn't bleach out like herculiner, has good elasticity yet is strong against scrapes. I'd guess you'd need two kits to do a 20' trailer. TPtools usually has the best price.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
I'm not sure on the square footage they claim, but I've done three different trucks and use three of the four bottles on each truck, and that's with a normal coat and then a really heavy coat. I did a friends truck with a 12' utility bed and it used five bottles doing three heavy coats, that had to have been a good 150 sq foot. The stuff is really nice though, doesn't bleach out like herculiner, has good elasticity yet is strong against scrapes. I'd guess you'd need two kits to do a 20' trailer. TPtools usually has the best price.
I didn't really want to wait for product to be shipped, I went with herculiner. My entire trailer & rear door took about 2.5 gal. Sanded it down very well, taped, and applied one coat (rolled) and touched up/another coat the next day. Loaded all my equipment into it yesterday and did a clean up today before we get more snow tmrw night
So far I love the herculiner!
Posted via Mobile Device