Register free!

Old 03-22-2014, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I need help...

Alright guys I need help. Last year my backyard was taken over by poa annua. It was really bad more than 3/4 of my yard was covered with it. At the time I didn't know what it was so I was like it will die out...Well its back again and I need to get rid of it in a bad way. I don't have an applicator's license so I need to know what will work that I can buy in a general home depot and that sort. I've read that Remuda works but I want to know for sure before I go out and by it and if there is anything out there better.

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-24-2014, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Certainty works great on poa
Old 03-24-2014, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
Alright guys I need help. Last year my backyard was taken over by poa annua. It was really bad more than 3/4 of my yard was covered with it. At the time I didn't know what it was so I was like it will die out...Well its back again and I need to get rid of it in a bad way. I don't have an applicator's license so I need to know what will work that I can buy in a general home depot and that sort. I've read that Remuda works but I want to know for sure before I go out and by it and if there is anything out there better.

Thanks for your help!
Again and again, please state you turf: centipede, St. Augustine, Bermuda. It become really discouraging to help when there is so much difference between warm and cool season grass. The only way to even venture a guess is your location. Poa sets millions of seeds so your first defense is your Pre-Em followed by Simazine or Atrazine. Temps have to be below 85 degrees for those. After that your specialty herbicides such as Image (Do not apply on dormant grass) . If your lawn is small, call in a local pro who has the right equipment .

Last edited by RAlmaroad; 03-24-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My yard is decent sized. My grass is centipiede. Calling a company is not an option for me. I'm not paying and arm and a leg for them to come and spray. I would much rather do it myself.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2014, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

With centipede, you'll have to avoid anything with 24D in it, Certainty should work like dishman89 said. You should be able to buy whatever you need at a chemical supplier, you just can't apply it for compensation without a license.
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate'sLawnCare View Post
With centipede, you'll have to avoid anything with 24D in it, Certainty should work like dishman89 said. You should be able to buy whatever you need at a chemical supplier, you just can't apply it for compensation without a license.
Alright thats what I was looking for, I'm just using this on my yard I'm not licensed so no need to get into legal trouble.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.