Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-24-2014, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Pricing for ZTR

One of the ZTR's that I've been researching is an Exmark from a local dealer (Quest E-Series Zero Turn Rider QTE691KA501) and it has been listed since last November for $3,199 up until this weekend. I went on the website today and it is now listed for $3,699. Is this common for the prices to skyrocket this much at the beginning of the season.

What really upsets me is that the salesman that I spoke to 2 weeks ago told me that there should be a sale coming up at the end of March. What a croc of bull!!!!

Can anyone tell me if this is typical or if there are any dealers on here that know about maybe an Exmark discount coming up. If I can't get the Exmark for $3,199 then I'm definitely getting the Hustler Raptor that I've been comparing to the Exmark.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Suggested list price is not the final price. I bought 2 lazer xs models last summer the list price was 1500 more for each of them over what I paid. They have promo prices which is the big sale prices then above that they have fleet rate which I still have yet to get. Id get down there and talk to them and have them give you a price and tell them what your thinking it can't hurt. I just took advantage of a sale with a dealer thats out of my area and I don't even like but at $399.00 for stihl br600 magnums I couldn't justify not picking up the 2 I wanted 2 months earlier than planned. In this case it was a 1 day sale and they normally list for $499-529.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tip Kelly's. I'll ask them about the price jump, whether it applies to the 2014 models or the 2013 models too. That's if exmark has new models for 2014....
Old 03-25-2014, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Suggested list price is not the final price. I bought 2 lazer xs models last summer the list price was 1500 more for each of them over what I paid. They have promo prices which is the big sale prices then above that they have fleet rate which I still have yet to get. Id get down there and talk to them and have them give you a price and tell them what your thinking it can't hurt. I just took advantage of a sale with a dealer thats out of my area and I don't even like but at $399.00 for stihl br600 magnums I couldn't justify not picking up the 2 I wanted 2 months earlier than planned. In this case it was a 1 day sale and they normally list for $499-529.
nice find on the blowers

they are 600 bucks per, in alaska.

Tags
exmark , hustler , price increase , ztr