Register free!

Old 03-24-2014, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Experience with door to door sales

I'm looking for someone who has experience with door to door sales, specifically someone you've hired to do the job. Is it worth their and my time? Could someone realistically setup 3-5 contracts a day? We have a trifold and a lawn analysis sales tools for them to use as well as closing tools (offers). I feel comfortable training the right person.

We are looking for a better return than the .4% return we had off of 12k EDDM flyers last spring. Roughly 50 new customers for roughly 5k spent, with a VERY strong offer (2 free on a 7 visit program) and call to action on the flyer. $100 customer accrual is WAY OUT there. I would rather pay a sales crew $60 a pop or the cost of 1 application to canvas without giving the farm away with the 2 free visits.

HELP!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef200098;4993859.
$100 customer accrual is WAY OUT there.
And that statement is based upon what?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2014, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Member

I feel that it's high based on other industries that I've worked in. Is that typical for spray work?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2014, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

$100 per new customer is great IMO. Wish I could get that with saturation mail. That's good ROI.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-green View Post
$100 per new customer is great IMO. Wish I could get that with saturation mail. That's good ROI.
Exactly what I'm seeing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2014, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

customers for life are worth any amount spent imo.. do a great job and youll get your money back..2 free apps?.. free doesnt put food on the table, the only thing free i would offer would be an estimate your short selling yourself..3-5 contracts in one day is a stretch some days will be better than other but as a constant you seem high..if everyday was a saturday you might be able to hit the 3-5 mark..offer great quality and the neighbors will come at no cost.. Good luck
Old 03-31-2014, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinonwater27 View Post
customers for life are worth any amount spent imo.. do a great job and youll get your money back..2 free apps?.. free doesnt put food on the table, the only thing free i would offer would be an estimate your short selling yourself..3-5 contracts in one day is a stretch some days will be better than other but as a constant you seem high..if everyday was a saturday you might be able to hit the 3-5 mark..offer great quality and the neighbors will come at no cost.. Good luck
Ditto!

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 03-31-2014, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
3-5 a good day and you might break 300 in a few years. Who has time for that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2014, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
3-5 a good day and you might break 300 in a few years. Who has time for that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Solo operators where accounts average 25k feet in size.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Our 2 free offer is off of our 7 app plan which incorporates Merit. We charge for merit on top of a single app, so it works out to 1 free, which is a pretty standard offer in our area.

We are going to be doing block leading next weekend in addition to our 10k mailers we sent out. I'll let you know how it goes.

Are you guys doing EDDM Mailers or selecting by income and house size?

Efficiency.. What type of accounts are you picking up for the $100 acquisition cost?