Register free!

Old 03-09-2014, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

From this to this

A friend of mine asked him to help him remodel his liner pool to a gunite pool, you've seen a few of the photos in the past.

His pool was plastered and filled yesterday and even though we still have some work to do on various parts of it, the system is running at this time.

Here are a few past and present pics.

The plastering began about 9 am and we started filling the pool at 1 pm. This shot was around 6 pm.

Still more to do, some this week and some a few weeks down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2014, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I see there was a sale on pipe elbows.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

THAT is a nice place. let us know when the party and such is gonna happen, ill bring chips
Old 03-09-2014, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good Jim. I see that big hole is still in the wall

Here are some pics of the pool my brother built at my house when my parents owned it. It is made from a 10' precast solid cesspool ring with the lid on the bottom. The jets were drilled in and then it was marble dusted. I helped with the bluestone patio but that needs to be redone. It is nice for my small back yard.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2014, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster304 View Post
Looks good Jim. I see that big hole is still in the wall
Yep. A carpenter friend that built the house is going to build a shed roof structure for the tractors and Ag equipment. The solar heating panels will go on top of the shed roof. We are going to enclose the hole at that time.

The owner's a hoot. He comes in Thursday as I'm working on the pool tile and says that he bought a bunch of solar collectors for $80.00 so let's change the plumbing around. Good thing I waited to plumb it last thing.

Quote:
Here are some pics of the pool my brother built at my house when my parents owned it. It is made from a 10' precast solid cesspool ring with the lid on the bottom. The jets were drilled in and then it was marble dusted. I helped with the bluestone patio but that needs to be redone. It is nice for my small back yard.

Posted via Mobile Device
That there looks really nice. I like it a lot.

Small vessels like that can be turned into negative edge pools without much cost and would really look good in that location.

You guys did a fantastic job, I really mean that.

Thanks Devin.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2014, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

firstly,
when you constuct piping systems of that size and configuration (jumble): do you use manufactur's fitting's demension charts to visualize and scale a model before beginning?
or do you "eyeball" everything on site?

I am curious because it seems that scale model would probably be academically suggested, but on the other hand I am suspicious that such pre-sight-modeling might be too time consuming and perhaps more often than not: needing atleast once in each job, to have to "amend" original plans due to some obtrusive object that must be plumbed around?

twas a tung twisteur

secondly,

how does the idea of these beautiful landscapes manifest from mental conception to physical reality?
are scale drawings used to create everything seen in the pictures before anything is begun? or
do you one day in afterthought decide to add a fence, then later maybe some plants, etc?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettMan View Post

how does the idea of these beautiful landscapes manifest from mental conception to physical reality?
are scale drawings used to create everything seen in the pictures before anything is begun? or
do you one day in afterthought decide to add a fence, then later maybe some plants, etc?
I can tell you my pool area landscape was developed over 10 years. My brother built snd designed the pool, patio and the stacked bluedstone wall that you cant see. My mother did much of the planting. I added the fence and built the gate when we moved in because I have two small kids. I also redid the backyard lawn and plantings.

But the estates I work on have landscape architects that can visualize the whole project and draw up the plans. Although they have been known to change a thing or two (tongue in cheek).

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2014, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
I see there was a sale on pipe elbows.
I saved the expensive ones with a heat gun and a little work.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2014, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

lack of primer?
Old 03-09-2014, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Very nice job(s) on both of those pool areas. Well thought out, nice and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettMan View Post
We are a landscape design/build company that does mainly large projects for high end residences and smaller commercial properties. My background is in landscape architecture but I decided I wanted to be a larger part of the construction process. I do both the design and the project management.

Our process is typically design, design, revise, design, bid, then execute. If the design is good, and the attention to detail during the construction process is solid, the project generally turns out very close to the original intention. One thing that really helps is having the designer (me) on site during construction and able to make on-the-fly decisions in case we run into situations that require some sort of change.

Of course if the project is built slowly over a decade some of this doesn't apply. Those can turn out amazing through the process of slow revision.