Old 03-29-2014, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Keep replys coming!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scag2015 View Post
Ok, could you maybe post a link to what trailer your talking about? I'm definatly on a small tight budget so nothing expensive
Posted via Mobile Device
Search in harbor freight's website for trailer. Just make sure the weight rating can handle your mower. You may need to put plywood on it. These usually run anywhere from $150 to $350, and harbor freight always has 20% off coupons. (Just search harbor freight coupon on google) Wait for it to go on sale, then use a coupon I've seen them go for as little as 90 bucks with a coupon.

Harbor freight stuff isn't great, but I buy random stuff from them all the time. Trailer mechanics and wiring isn't hard, and it's a useful skill to learn. If you get one, work on it yourself and learn the basics. You will always need this knowledge in this business, trailer repair guys charge a fortune for even the most basic repairs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Like this?
http://m.harborfreight.com/870-lb-ca...res-42708.html
And how would I put rails on it? And is there somthing cheaper?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I think you would need something bigger. If you are going to be doing a lot of highway speeds I would recommend a trailer with at least 15" tires. May be hard to find on your budget BUT you can find a turd trailer on Criegslist and refurbish it for very cheap! A 4x8 would be my suggestion to start.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

4 acres standing up on a belt drive walk behind? Oh to be a teen again. Any of the guys on here that do a property that big have 60 " ztr or larger and more than one guy mowing. I know you would hate to turn it down, but are you sure you're not in over your head.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, and also I would not do highway travel with this trailer (any trailer right now)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
4 acres standing up on a belt drive walk behind? Oh to be a teen again. Any of the guys on here that do a property that big have 60 " ztr or larger and more than one guy mowing. I know you would hate to turn it down, but are you sure you're not in over your head.
Posted via Mobile Device
Very good point, I do think I can handle it. Iv got the time for sure (homeschooler) and a lot of experience and think I can do it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Very good point, I do think I can handle it. Iv got the time for sure (homeschooler) and a lot of experience and think I can do it
Posted via Mobile Device
Not questioning your experience. I'm sure your fine with that. I would fall asleep from boredom. Make sure your Ipod has an extended mowing mix loaded. Yard sizes like that make you appreciate sitting down, groundspeed and suspension seats.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Not questioning your experience. I'm sure your fine with that. I would fall asleep from boredom. Make sure your Ipod has an extended mowing mix loaded. Yard sizes like that make you appreciate sitting down, groundspeed and suspension seats.
Posted via Mobile Device
You dont know how true this is haha, when I bought my mower I made sure to.buy the noise cancellation radio, auxiliary head phones! Best $80 I have ever spent !
Old 03-29-2014, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah, and thank you! I know you weren't questioning my experience, just looking out for me. and yep, earphones in, and go actually, I've just been operating little push mowers (and I still enjoy them) so I think to me it would be a blast but as soon as I could get a ztr, I'm all over it for this property thank you!!
Posted via Mobile Device