Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2003, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The New Stihl FS 110 is at my Stihl Dealer now ! For a price of $379 I believe ! It is only .7 Pounds heavier thatn the FS 85
it is 5% more powerful than the FS 85 ! It is also alot more quiet than the FS 85. Looks and sounds really good
I will stick to my HONDA 4 Stroke Trimmers I have had 1 for 4 years and I cannot complain a whole lot ! I bought the second one about 21 months ago and they are great machines and besides they have little if any vibration compared to the 2 stroke stuff, I don't get a headache from the 2 stroke exhaust either !
Honda 4 stroke is definately the way to go !

Echo sucks plain and simple ! You will find few if any operators around here who use any echo products ! That is my opinion and like alot of people on this site I like to voice it from time to time. Besides everyone has their opinion on what equipment is great and what is not. I have ran the Shindiawa 2500 4 mix and I like it but I have no dealers here! I also don't have any Honda Dealers here but I rarely have any Honda Probelms ! I think it is only a matter of 12 years or less before we see almost all Outdoor Power Equipment going 4 Stroke and I don't mean 4 mix !
Old 03-23-2003, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i just talked to my dealer today, and he gave me the lowdown on the stihl 4 cycle. He just came back from their training school, and they had to demo these. He said even though they say it runs at the same speed as the 2 cycle, they dont feel like it. Everytime he took it into the hay batch it bogged down. He said do not but this trimmer, lots of problems with the throttle as well. They did build these for the clean air act i believe too.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I saw one today at the Stihl shop. They said it was light and to pick it up and see. So I did. It sure didn't feel light to me. I gave hime a look like yeah, right.

Slinging around and extra 0.7 pounds all day does make a difference.