Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-30-2014, 11:17 PM
PicturePerfectLawns PicturePerfectLawns is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 1,252
Help me fill in this quote or slogan "We're not the cheapest........."

About to pick up a new enclosed trailer. Found a local company that's offering me a non-refusable deal and want to get the decals on there as soon as I get it. I'm looking for a new slogan to put on there. The guys and neighbors all around me have a whole different idea than I do. A few houses down one trailer reads "Cheapest Prices In Town". We're obviously trying to attract total opposite clientele. Looking for a slogan that starts with "We're not the cheapest....." All these people around me are selling lawns for $25.00. While I can mow many lawns for $25.00 all day, I've found my work sells on details and I want to go a different route. If anyone has any unique or good ideas for this slogan I'd love to hear them!

I want to tell the customers, "Don't sell the year long looks of your lawn for a few bucks."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-2014, 11:50 PM
OakNut's Avatar
OakNut OakNut is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,343
You don't want the word "cheap" on your trailer at all.
It's a "negative" word that you don't want associated with you - period. It doesn't matter that you're trying to describe "the other guys", use another line of thought - something about your "quality work", or "reasonably priced", or really just about ANYTHING but the word "cheap".

If you're not the least expensive, the people THOSE guys are attracting aren't going to be interested in you anyway.

I saw a sign along the road today for some new, lawn monkey - "GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICE!"
Pfffttt! Good for you - fill your route with $25 cuts. Take all you want because I don't want them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-2014, 12:21 AM
TPendagast's Avatar
TPendagast TPendagast is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 3,499
Howabout

"Picture Perfect Landscapes….The Perfect Price for the Perfect Lawn"

I had a company called Picture Perfect in 1990.

And my business card said that on it
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2014, 12:40 AM
twomancrew twomancrew is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: East, IA
Posts: 947
This sounds like Mr Plow v The Plow King.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2014, 11:00 AM
CreativeLawncareSolutions's Avatar
CreativeLawncareSolutions CreativeLawncareSolutions is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: cincinnati, oh
Posts: 1,577
Yeah, never put the word "cheap" on your ads. It makes you look shady.

Honestly, most people could care less about quality.

I'd put something like "Call now to ask us how to....blah blah blah." A call to action.
__________________


F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-2014, 08:26 PM
twomancrew twomancrew is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: East, IA
Posts: 947
If you really just wanna get your neighbor make it say "We are not the cheapest wh0re in town" I think that is what you are searching for.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2014, 09:19 PM
DavidsonLandscaping's Avatar
DavidsonLandscaping DavidsonLandscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lynn, Massachusetts
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by twomancrew View Post
If you really just wanna get your neighbor make it say "We are not the cheapest wh0re in town" I think that is what you are searching for.
Classic!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-31-2014, 11:24 PM
A. W. Landscapers, Inc.'s Avatar
A. W. Landscapers, Inc. A. W. Landscapers, Inc. is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
About to pick up a new enclosed trailer. Found a local company that's offering me a non-refusable deal and want to get the decals on there as soon as I get it. I'm looking for a new slogan to put on there. The guys and neighbors all around me have a whole different idea than I do. A few houses down one trailer reads "Cheapest Prices In Town". We're obviously trying to attract total opposite clientele. Looking for a slogan that starts with "We're not the cheapest....." All these people around me are selling lawns for $25.00. While I can mow many lawns for $25.00 all day, I've found my work sells on details and I want to go a different route. If anyone has any unique or good ideas for this slogan I'd love to hear them!

I want to tell the customers, "Don't sell the year long looks of your lawn for a few bucks."
If lawns could talk, they would request Picture Perfect Lawns.

When Quality and Looks Matter…Call Picture Perfect Lawns
__________________
Regards,
Scott
A. W. Landscapers, Inc.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2014, 08:56 AM
PicturePerfectLawns PicturePerfectLawns is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
If lawns could talk, they would request Picture Perfect Lawns.

When Quality and Looks Matter…Call Picture Perfect Lawns


I don't know why I was thinking of using the word "Cheap" I learned more than that in school.

AW, I appreciate that. I really love that one you just came up with! Thank you again!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:07 AM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,302
Quality , not Quantity!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.09169 seconds with 7 queries